strange flashlight

MrJino

Enlightened
I was gifted this flashlight a long time ago.
It takes an AA. It has a silver twisty near the head that focuses the beam to what looks like a computer chip, or keep spinning to get a very wide beam. Anyone have or seen one of these? All it says is ATR on it.

Sorry for the blurry picture. Computer chip beam

If I keep spinning, it widens to this.

thanks for looking!

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks a lot like an Ultrafire 501b...the computer chip is just the actual LED at 0 magnification, the opposite end of the wide angle zoom effect of the "adjustable focus beam"....just a guess, based on one of the first LED lights I bought a long long time ago...

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks a lot like an ATR flashlight: _www.fishpond.co.nz/Sports_Outdoors/Q5-Cree-LED-Flashlight-191cm-Long-AF5029/9999647992759

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks a lot like one of those no-name 1x AA zoomies you can find on DX and similar sites. Some models with perhaps a different driver, different color ring or whatever, but all looking the same. If you'd order large quantities, surely you can get these (or a very similar one) with whatever you like printed on it.

Oh wait, here you go: http://www.dx.com/p/nf-x8455-flood-...umen-led-flashlight-w-clip-1xaa-1x14500-90381

Around $10~15 or so... try Google images with that type# and see if you can find any difference... ;)

Last edited:

MrJino

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies.
This is one of my favorite due to having a nice creamy white color for a beam. Though it is not strong.

Hopefully in the future I will try to mod this one for more power.