• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD-Convoy S2+ modded to DD triple XP-L and 18500 for sale.-SOLD

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,
Up for sale is a Convoy S2+ shorty modified with triple XP-L V6 3C emitters under a Carclo frosted narrow spot tri-optic. Using ideas gathered on this forum I also modified the light to accept a flat top 18500 cell (not included). These modifications included shortening the original pill by cutting off the top to preserve the original driver retaining ring on the bottom. A FUBARed triple XP noctigon was sanded flat and soldered to the top of the brass pill and then the XP-L noctigon was in turn soldered to the top of the first noctigon. I also filed some off the top of the switch retaining ring in the tailcap to gain a bit more space. The tail spring was cut to low profile and resistance moded with 22 gauge silicone wire.
This S2 draws 8.5 amps off an efest purple high drain cell and gets hot fast. The driver is a singe sided FET driver flashed with four mode star firmware featuring four modes in ascending order with no memory (low-med-high-turbo always starting on low). I did not include a turbo timer in this light. See pics below.

100_2528_zpsen1ol4r3.jpg

100_2527_zpsea9zgshs.jpg

100_2511_zps9ghmywkw.jpg

100_2512_zpstt1z05jw.jpg

100_2512_zpstt1z05jw.jpg

It is 60 yards to the sugar camp.

s2%20xpl_zpsv9gwgqzp.jpg

Price includeing CONUS shipping is $70. International buyers pay actual shipping.

First reply with "I'll take it" followed by PM gets the light.

My paypal address is [email protected]

Thanks for looking,

Brian

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Re: Convoy S2+ modded to DD triple XP-L and 18500 for sale.

Very interesting. I'll take it. PayPal incoming.

How many lumens on high?

Last edited:

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened

Thanks Magellan! I'll ship soon. I calculate around 2500 lumens on turbo at 8.5 amps.

magellan

Honorary Aussie

Yowser! I just realized I might need to order the Efest IMRs. What I have is AW IMRs and Keepower ICRs in the 18500 size but they're all button tops and I don't know what they're rated for. And it doesn't say on the label.

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened

Yup, the fit is very tight length wise and I doubt they would work. I also wouldn't recommend ICR cells in this light as they would surley exceed their discharge rating.

magellan

Honorary Aussie

Yup, the fit is very tight length wise and I doubt they would work. I also wouldn't recommend ICR cells in this light as they would surley exceed their discharge rating.

Thanks, will order some of the purple Efest IMRs.

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would've been all over this! I've wanted a triple for a while and that seems like a GREAT price.