How close are you to having the lights you want?

How close are you to having the lights you want?

• I'm just starting - LOTS of lights to go!

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • I'm about half way there...

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • A few more to go...

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • There aren't enough lights in the world to satisfy my desires

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I almost have my ideal lights setup

• Just one more... just one... no, really...

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • I already have my ideal lights setup, no need for more

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • I have no idea what lights I want, I just buy as I go along

• Total voters

Amelia

Enlightened
We all have our own ideas about the number and kind of lights we want, whether we're just looking for one light to be "general purpose", a small "stable" of lights for different purposes, a large collection covering every possibility, or just plain ALL OF THEM! :)

Whatever your ideal setup might be, how close do you think you are to obtaining it?

P.S. I voted "I almost have my ideal lights setup". I've been doing this for a long time, and I finally feel like the lights I've obtained fill almost every role I come across, and I have enough backup spares that I don't worry too much if a light gets lost or breaks.

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lots of lights to go. Acebeam X60M, Noctigon Meteor and Niwalker Nova MM15MB Monster Bright Limited Edition are not in my collection, yet. TM36, LD75 and MX25L4C are also on my radar, as well as the ThruNite TN36 and Ti4 Penlight, and the Nitecore EA11.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
You forgot one Poll selection didn't you?

What Burn the Heretic at the Stake!

This is my selection.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
There aren't any 5500k 100cri lights out there, and probably won't be for a while. Still a long way to go for me.

markr6

Flashaholic
I feel like all I need is a big fat floody 3x18650/4x18650. Impossible to decide, but I may be getting closer...

Narrowed down to:
TN36 NW (TN30 MINI good enough at half the cost?)
Noctigon M43 S3 3D
MX25L4C NW

masterP

Newly Enlightened
I'm converting all my lights from incandescent to LED....so just getting started. but I have to watch what I buy....being in Vancouver Canada we don't get nearly half of what's available out there.

the Canadian dollar is so low right now so everything you buy online costs double what it would cost to an American. plus most don't ship to Canada

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I already have my ideal lights setup, no need for more

I have about 15 flashlights. I could get by with 2. I'm not a collector, and I know fully well that I have WAY more flashlights than I "need". Problem is, I buy one if I can get one for a song whether I need it or not.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Three years ago if someone told me that in three years I would own over 120 lights, I would have suggested they either get help for their delusions if it wasn't true, or commit me to a padded cell if it was.
Yet, here I am. I have a vigorous rotation of lights for EDC. In addition, I have "specialty lights", such as IR, weapons mount, Search & Rescue. Then various lights for hobbies/activities, Geocaching, Hiking, climbing, diving, kayaking etc.(none of which I have been able to do in the last few years due to two back surgeries and a total knee replacement( love titanium). Some lights (maybe 3-4) are so useful I own more than one( an example:EAGTAC D25C, I own 4 of them, 3 titanium and one aluminum(all four have been modded by Vinh for differing uses).
So am I close to having the lights I want? No. There are still 6-8 hi-end customs I would like, but if I am to attain any shred of fiscal responsibility, I must save for them. In addition, there are another 6-8 Vinh lights I would like but must also be saved up for, not bought on impulse. Lastly, there are three lights I wish to produce myself and sell to my friends and colleagues. For years I have made custom pens, bottle stoppers, etc. I wish to produce a state of the art light that
is 70%wood, that is turned and treated to make it beautiful. The last 30% may be copper or another another heat dissipating material. The end result would truly be intended as a "shelf Queen", but designed for EDC use inside only.
Finally the last few items on my list are "still in process", as in the next best thing. Since this endeavor is always being developed and advanced by new materials and techniques, I don't think I will ever "have enough"..

JohnnyMac

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to think I have enough with close to 150 but something always tricks me into taking the bait. My last was the Noctogon M43 in stone white with XP-G2 S2 DD. doh!!!

MrJino

Enlightened
I have 2 of 3 flashlights that I want, the 3rd one, I'm on a waiting list for...

Hopefully soon though!

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Missing poll option:

Already got all the lights I need,* but barely started getting all the lights I want.*

* Subject to change as time passes.

Amelia

Enlightened
Missing poll option:

Already got all the lights I need,* but barely started getting all the lights I want.*

* Subject to change as time passes.

Nah... if I put that as an option, just about everyone on the forum would vote for it! :D

recDNA

Flashaholic
I am looking for a 1 x 18350 infinitely adjustable (magnetic wheel) triple Nichia 219b. It does not exist at present but someday...

There is a triple XP-E available in market but I prefer high CRI

LGT

Enlightened
There are quite a few lights out there that I want. I want to buy everything new that comes along. But I also realize what I have is more than adequate for what I need.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm using a mobile device so didn't vote, but honestly I'm pretty close to having most of the lights I need. The main changes I might want to make are to convert more lights to a warmer and possibly higher CRI tint. And I could use a farther-throwing 18650 light like the TK22 or something similar.

I have some nice flooders including a headlamp, a 45k lux flooder (Nitecore TM06vn), and a 341k lux thrower with a decent amount of spill (Fenix TK75vnkt). So for my mostly general-purpose uses I am happy, but I could go for a decent single-18650 thrower to lighten the load when hiking as well.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although of course I will want better lights as things improve, whether that includes runtime or brightness changes. :) Flashlights are so fun haha.