X60vn vs X60Mvn vs PH-40 Beamshots

japudjuha

Enlightened
I finally got some comparison photos of my X60vn and X60Mvn, along with my Polarion PH-40 for
a known output to compare them to.

First is the PH40.
These first three are at 170 meters to the tree line.

X60vn

X60Mvn

Next is another location, 130 meters to the white rotunda(structure).
PH40

X60vn

X60Mvn

Lastly a direct comparo between the PH40 on the left and the X60vn on the right
The X60vn is noticeably brighter in person, the hotspot being larger at 100+meters.
In my direct candella measurements the PH40 put out 274,000 Cd and the X60vn
put out 464,000 Cd.

japudjuha

Enlightened
Mostly I agree with your statement, the polarion is built like a tank. It has a great ui and ans a good reflextor.

The PH-40 is almost nigh on 4000 Lumens but only 274,000 Candlepower. But LED is quickly catching up though .

The X60Mvn is a flood monster with over 8000 measured lumens out the front.

The X60vn Is a combination of the two, 6500 lumens out the front at 464,000 candlepower

cheers

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for your very informative beamshots. As much as I love emitters that crank out tons of power and flood, I need to be reminded that same are not so hot for throw.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ph40 is not superior to the x60vn. Thats a joke. The beam is better on the x60vn and has more throw. Beamshots actualy show the ph40 has the most messy beam of the 3. x60m being the best. Ph40 is also lacking in spill that could be very useful. not to mention the polarion light is way over priced compared to the preformance of the newer led lights hitting the market. Even the hid firefox ff4 cost only 250 dollars and has better preformance then the polarion. Im sure its build well and very reliable but its not better.

Last edited:

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed big time! ^^^^
Led is now entering the hid world.

The new k60 is almost a perfect match with the x60 https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/4665151 except appears to have a larger shaft of light.
And the k60vn with dedoming mod is likely to surpass the x60vn or at least match in throw and hotness of Center beam. They come from the same mother "supbeam".

The x60M is no thrower, it's quite pathetic in fact compared to the other two on this demonstration, but makes up for it with lighting up the whole world in the forefront.

If you want flood, the x60m is it, for throw, get the x60vn or k60vn dedomed version.

Polarons days are limited as soon as all its clients realize what instant on/off variable setting, forever lasting leds are now doing.

Don't buy a dinosaur that hasn't realized he's extinct yet and hasn't lowered it's price.

They are used to the lucrative income, I expect they won't survive realistic pricing. Just how much us a host worth? The light inside is no big deal anymore.

Led hosts have much more sophistication now and just as bulletproof.

Last edited:

japudjuha

Enlightened
Well said Windstrings.
I am loving the new developments in LED tech and the different outputs they offer.
I will say though, that I still covet my PH40. It is the only military quality light I own.
Even with the warm up time and the now common 4000 lumens, it is one of my favorites.
And thats over some of my much more powerful lights.

Now looking forward to a 6x XHP70 monster!