another dumb question.....E series Surefires

masterP

Newly Enlightened
another dumb question.....E series Surefires. what makes an E series? is it the 1 inch bezel diameter? the TIR lens?

I know what a Z series is.....reduced diameter body with grip rings, twisty tail cap

I know what the pro models are......duo output, clicky switch

I know what the defender models are.....crenelated bezel. clicky switch

I know what the tactical models are......single output, twisty tail cap

I know what the 3P, 6P, 9P models are.....one cell, two cell, three cell

I know what the G2 models are....nitrolon body

I think I know what the C series are....square body

cannot find any info on what makes an E series an E series

tried google, tried Surefire website (which doesn't tell you much of anything). not to mention Surefire doesn't answer any emails

Last edited:

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully someone with a good knowledge of Surefire will chime in. Perhaps because they are the "Executive Elite" series of flashlights, hence the "E"? All of mine have a 1" bezel diameter and a .75" tail cap diameter. To my knowledge, none of the Executive Elite Series are Tactical lights. There are the Defenders, E1D & E2D, there are also the "Wine Light", and commemorative sets & the "Greentree" and Able Light series but those are all I am aware of....

masterP

Newly Enlightened
Hopefully someone with a good knowledge of Surefire will chime in. Perhaps because they are the "Executive Elite" series of flashlights, hence the "E"? All of mine have a 1" bezel diameter and a .75" tail cap diameter. To my knowledge, none of the Executive Elite Series are Tactical lights. There are the Defenders, E1D & E2D, there are also the "Wine Light", and commemorative sets & the "Greentree" and Able Light series but those are all I am aware of....

so would it be safe to say they have 1 inch bezel, .75 inch body and dual output? I think they all have clicky tail caps.

do they have dual springs? I'm thinking probably not

do they all have the TIR lens?

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
All of the incandescent are single stage. Early E series were twisty, later were clickies. Single spring in tail only. The defenders are two stage...need some input from others...? Lomandor? Anyone?

masterP

Newly Enlightened
also is the TIR lens supposed to throw a beam further? say a 200 lumen from a TIR lens compared to a 320 lumen from a reflector....would the TIR lens throw farther?