A little disappointed with Eagletac

Berneck1

Enlightened
I know this is minor, but I bought the D25A2 Tactical. It's a great light. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a nice 2xAA light

However, unlike the two G25C2's and T25C2 I have, it did not come with the rubber tail stand boot. I looked back and it wasn't in the description, so it's not included. (My fault for not noticing). I inquired as to why they don't include it, and simply got a response that I could send $5 for shipping and handling and they can send me one.

I am thinking to myself, for a light at this price level it really should be included. How much could that piece possibly cost? .25? I know a lot of people who want the ability to tail stand. $5 for that extra rubber piece seems a bit egregious...

Just had to get that off my chest.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

markr6

Flashaholic
Before someone says "stand it up by placing it in a mug" I'm going to say NO! A flashlight needs to do the job as-is without relying on what you may have on or around you. At least there is one available, though.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds similar to 4sevens tactical Quarks. I cut the end off the rubber hand-grip, and glued it to the switch end of the light. Works fine, looks a bit ugly though. I don't think 4sevens has an option of buying a tail-stand boot.

I'm not surprised Eagletac doesn't include it. Most people buying the forward-clicky lights aren't using them as indoor lights. Buy the reverse-clicky for that, which doesn't have a problem tail-standing.

Berneck1

Enlightened
Sounds similar to 4sevens tactical Quarks. I cut the end off the rubber hand-grip, and glued it to the switch end of the light. Works fine, looks a bit ugly though. I don't think 4sevens has an option of buying a tail-stand boot.

I'm not surprised Eagletac doesn't include it. Most people buying the forward-clicky lights aren't using them as indoor lights. Buy the reverse-clicky for that, which doesn't have a problem tail-standing.

I was not aware that forward clicky lights were expected to not tail stand. The G25C2 and T25C2 are both forward clicky and did come with the cap.... I prefer to have the switch protected to prevent accidental activation...

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

weetoots

Newly Enlightened
Try the tip from a cane or crutch. Then if you fall down, you'll have a way to get back up.:)

weetoots

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Id just pay for the rubber boot. I own 10 Eagletacs and learned to always always always go over what is and is not included. Eagletac has so many accessories for their lights it is unreal. When buying an ET from a retailer even then double check what it does and does not come with. I have seen cases where some retailers break up full kit ET packages into two separate "kit options". GG has been the most reliable ET dealer I have bought from.

thijsco19

Newly Enlightened
The 5 bucks is mostly the shipping and handling fee. I contacted them for a replacement lens for my d25lc2, they asked 5 bucks for it included shipping.