diffuser on top of LED

js82

Newly Enlightened
I wanna put a diffuser right on the top of the LED inside the reflector so that there is still some throw. Does anybody have any idea how to easily do this? The intention is to make the color on all parts of the beam consistent while preserving throw.

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
I wanna put a diffuser right on the top of the LED inside the reflector so that there is still some throw. Does anybody have any idea how to easily do this? The intention is to make the color on all parts of the beam consistent while preserving throw.

Get a high transparency diffusion film. I use brightviewtech 70% transmittance to maintain a semihotspot but general flood in my 20k lux lights.

avernite

Newly Enlightened
If you're sure it's the emitter itself that is causing the inconsistency then you could try clouding the transparent dome with very fine sand paper or steel wool.

js82

Newly Enlightened
Wouldn't a high transparency diffusion film still give a multi-colored beam?

It's the standard cree emitter that I want to address. The yellow coming out the sides of the LED is really what's annoying me. I imagine scratching up the dome will improve it a bit but not by a whole lot.

Any other suggestions on what I can do to make a diffuser just above the LED?

Yamabushi

Enlightened
I wanna put a diffuser right on the top of the LED inside the reflector so that there is still some throw. ... The intention is to make the color on all parts of the beam consistent while preserving throw.
I'm not sure about this but I think you'll get less throw than if you put the diffuser on the lens of the flashlight. A diffuser inside the reflector would cause the light to hit the reflector at angles not contemplated by the design of the reflector.