Anyone know anything about this flashlight: Klarus XT12 Rechargeable?

HEDP

Enlightened
Looks like a good flashlight for $89 that meets my needs for hunting and emergency situations. I think it runs on one standard 18650 battery. (Now that I read it it says 'Lithium-Ion 18650' - does that mean it can't be charged on a standard 18650 charger and will it hold a charge as well as a standard 18650 battery?)

It states that it runs 930 lumens for apprx 3.5 hours.

I have 4 Lumapowers and love them but 2 of the newer ones stopped working (switch isssue?) and the other newer one the back cap fell off and never stayed on from day 1. So I'm staying away from Lumapower now.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/klarus-xt12-xml2-u2.html

If this is a good flashlight is it worth getting or can someone point out a better or equal flashlight for about the same price?

Last edited:

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
Looks like a good flashlight for $89 that meets my needs for hunting and emergency situations. I think it runs on one standard 18650 battery. (Now that I read it it says 'Lithium-Ion 18650' - does that mean it can't be charged on a standard 18650 charger and will it hold a charge as well as a standard 18650 battery?)

It states that it runs 930 lumens for apprx 3.5 hours.

I have 4 Lumapowers and love them but 2 of the newer ones stopped working (switch isssue?) and the other newer one the back cap fell off and never stayed on from day 1. So I'm staying away from Lumapower now.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/klarus-xt12-xml2-u2.html

If this is a good flashlight is it worth getting or can someone point out a better or equal flashlight for about the same price?

The XT11 is one of our all-time most popular lights and the XT12 is essentially a rechargeable version of the XT11. The Klarus dual switch system gets really, really good feedback from tactical users and people who just like instant access to max output. Both switches are on the end, so everything can be done quickly with one hand without messing with the head or a hard to find side switches.

The XT12 does run on a standard 18650, but you CANNOT charge a standard 18650 in the light. You have to have one of their 18650s with the negative and positive on both ends of the battery. One of these batteries comes with the light and spares are available up to a 3400 mAh capacity. You will not be able to put the included battery in a standard charger, so keep that in mind.

The Klarus charging system is proprietary, so you can't just use a micro-USB cable like many lights these days, but I think the Klarus charging system is well worth having to keep track of another cable. One end of the cable is USB and the other is magnetic, so the charger just snaps right on to the light. You don't have to worry about a rubber/plastic port that can come loose in your pocket or tear off and ruin your water/dust protection. I really like their charging system.

So yeah, the XT12 is a good light worth getting. I probably sound a little like a salesman, which I am, but the XT12 is legitimately a great light.

HEDP

Enlightened
The XT11 is one of our all-time most popular lights and the XT12 is essentially a rechargeable version of the XT11. The Klarus dual switch system gets really, really good feedback from tactical users and people who just like instant access to max output. Both switches are on the end, so everything can be done quickly with one hand without messing with the head or a hard to find side switches.

The XT12 does run on a standard 18650, but you CANNOT charge a standard 18650 in the light. You have to have one of their 18650s with the negative and positive on both ends of the battery. One of these batteries comes with the light and spares are available up to a 3400 mAh capacity. You will not be able to put the included battery in a standard charger, so keep that in mind.

The Klarus charging system is proprietary, so you can't just use a micro-USB cable like many lights these days, but I think the Klarus charging system is well worth having to keep track of another cable. One end of the cable is USB and the other is magnetic, so the charger just snaps right on to the light. You don't have to worry about a rubber/plastic port that can come loose in your pocket or tear off and ruin your water/dust protection. I really like their charging system.

So yeah, the XT12 is a good light worth getting. I probably sound a little like a salesman, which I am, but the XT12 is legitimately a great light.

So I can use my standard 18650 batteries in it as long as I charge them outside of the light in their own charger?