Yellow substance behind lens

LeafSamurai

Enlightened
Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post this but I have noticed some yellow substance behind the lens of my Nitecore CU6 for a long time. Doesn't really bother me and it have not affected the quality of the beam but still am very curious about what these might be. Have tried to search CPF for a similar case but failed to find any so far. Would greatly appreciate any suggestion on what these might be. Red circle in picture indicating where these are located behind the lens of the Nitecore CU6.

Flashlight.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The photo is too poor to tell. But, my random guess would be glue, from poor quality control when attaching the lens and bezel. Other than that, it could be fungus, but that's unlikely due to the heat generated by the light. Maybe rust?

LeafSamurai

Enlightened
The photo is too poor to tell. But, my random guess would be glue, from poor quality control when attaching the lens and bezel. Other than that, it could be fungus, but that's unlikely due to the heat generated by the light. Maybe rust?

Yes, I thought it might be the residue from the glue. Thanks anyway. It doesn't bother me so will just leave it as it is.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like colonies of something growing on the edges of a Petri dish. You have not recently received any mail from the Defense Department, by any chance? I would be tempted to send a sample to a lab for analysis.

Or, maybe ingest a few micrograms and then take a P test, and see what comes up. :)