• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Auction for CPF: Another R-G-B mod ***FINISHED***

yclo

Flashaholic*
Hi all, this is the other of the two items that I would like to auction off here. All proceeds will go to CPF.

fa94dfe9.jpg

Bigger picture

fa94dfe1.jpg

Bigger picture

It's a white 5mm LED on a flex shaft that you plug into your USB port and you can use it to light up your laptop keyboard if using in the dark, etc. Originally it had a white led, but now it hosts an R-G-B led. Here is a short video showing flashing sequence:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~unimelb/310_1099.AVI
(Right click, select "save as", about 4MB)

This auction will end exactly 4 days from the time of this post.

Thanks!

-YC

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Auction for CPF: Another R-G-B mod

$48.00

YC, this is great! Thanks for putting it up for auction for the benefit of all of us here at CPF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Britt

Greta

Flashaholic

Shameless bump... one more day on this one folks!

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks, YC.

I just paid via Paypal and PMd my address to you.

Britt

Greta

Flashaholic

Britt... got it! Thank you and YC! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

My package arrived today from YC and was I ever surprised!

There were 2 of these terrific lights inside along with a fine Luxeon Star. YC, you are something else, thank you for your kind generosity.

One of the lights is the R-G-B blinker and the other is a real nice white. I plug them into the USB ports on the front of my Tower and they work perfectly. Right now I've got the white one plugged in, it projects a nice white spot that makes it much more pleasant to sit here in the dark typing.

The R-G-B blinker just knocks me out. I just plugged it in in place of the white and felt compelled to slip in a CD of Stevie Nicks.

YC, thanks again for the great lights and for the auction. You are a first class modder and I hope to acquire more of your fine work.

Britt