Why and when on Iraq Invasion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, in the last few days, a former Bush cabinet member has come forth discussing why and when President Bush had the idea of going after Iraq; Bush began Iraq plan pre-9/11, O'Neill says .

I was going to add this onto the thread Did USA invade Iraq because of 9-11? FACTS ONLY! but I was surprised to see that this thread was already closed.

I was even more surprised when I read the comment from the adminstrator that closed it:

I'VE had enough of this already and I'm just flat out not in the mood to wait til the train actually wrecks this time.

Thread closed.

So...we close threads now before they've become a problem? I figured that this bit of information that has come out in the last few days was a fresh "fact" (certainly not my opinion...an actual statement from a Bush "insider"), would add to the thread's originator looking for "facts". I was disapointed to see that the thread was closed. I hope I haven't commited a sin by looking for a way to add this "fact" to the originator's request.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Ho hum. Paul O'Neill said, when he left office, that he wouldn't bad mouth the President.

Pete Rose needed some splash because he's pushing a new book. Paul O'Neill is selling a book and needs something too.

Actually Clinton and Congress determined that Iraq needed a regime change long before King George II took office. The excerpts from interview clips and the book try to convey the impression that if you anyone in the administration discussed regime change before 9-11 that something evil took place. Just remember that Mr. O'neill is trying to sell a book.

Ho hum.

Empath

Flashaholic
We don't open new threads in order to extend closed threads, nor to discuss moderator actions. If you want to discuss today's news of a pre-9/11 decision, do it in an entirely new topic and not as an extension of a closed thread.

Incidentally, in answer to your question "do we close threads before they become a problem"; yes. It's a moderator's and administrator's function to anticipate the direction a thread will go, and act accordingly. Sometimes it means closing a thread BEFORE the train wreck.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.