• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired AUCTION: SureFire L1 *Kit* - 50% CPF Benefit

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi Guys,

I put together a L1 kit up for auction. 50% of the proceeds go to CPF. The kit consists of:

1 - New in Box L1 (plastic wrapper still in place)

1 - Z60 lanyard for L1 (this has the cool SF Micro-Clip)

1 - Stock L1 head with satin finished McFlood for flood beam option

1 - Black bead blasted McLux "dumb head" with satin McFlood and red Luxeon (shown on L1 in picture)

1 - PR-T-NatHA "dumb head" with R2H HighDome for "turbo" beam

L1-kit-auction.jpg

To recap, NIB L1, tether and 3 additional heads.

This auction will end at 7:00 PM P.S.T. next Sunday, the 18th

Please post your bids here and slightly off topic comments are welcome as shameless bumps! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Remember 50% of the proceeds goes to a good cause and the other 50% goes to a needy twit.

Thanks for looking.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
$165.00 < shameless bump bid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This is a dream kit!

Don, thanks for building it, putting it up for auction and for the generous donation to CPF that will benefit everybody.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif -- always a good auction when I'm in the middle of a group buy...

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Nascar,

High/Low works well with all of the bezels, yes. Additionally, all of the bezels can be hosted on an E1e and provide a very efficient, underdriven, yet reasonably bright, light.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
McGizmo, please forgive my general ignorance, but what does "dumb head" mean? I thought it might mean emitter with no electronics, but the single cell in the L1 wouldn't fully drive the emitter, would it?

Also, if the L1 is sealed in shrinkwrapped plastic, is the head easily removable? I thought the head was locked in place and essentially nonremovable. I'd like to remove the head on mine! Please tell me how to do so, or if appropriate, just smack me and let me know I'm an idiot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Regardless of my idiot status, I'll join the chorus in commending you on this terrific offer!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Scott,

You are right about the "dumb head" meainig emitter only and no electronics. The L1 has the electronics in the body. On high, you have a constant current regulation and on low, a resistor in the tail switch drops the voltage to the point that you are out of regulation and underdriving the LED for a good but dim level of illumination. I have found that some of the L1's did have very tight heads and they required a strap wrench on the first removal. You bring up a good point on this offer since the light is still in its sealed state from SF, I don't know if initial removal will be a challenge or not! I guess I will offer to the winner of the auction the option of having me "break" the seal and test with the other heads or not.

symes

Enlightened
OK, two things...first my "old" L1 - the head came off really easily...

Second...for those of us new to some of these mods...what are the effective brightness/throw/run-times for each of these heads... (or point me to the right thread if its already up there...)

Thanks,

Simon

McGizmo

Flashaholic
symes,

Since the only difference in the various heads will be the Vf of the LED, I think a good ball park is to assume that the run times will all be in keeping with the posted specs from SF as well as any that you run across here. As to what these are, I haven't the foggiest.

And before it is asked, beam shots? Count on it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif