EagleTac S200C2 - help!

ahtoxa11

Newly Enlightened
So I got the S200C2 almost a month ago.

About a week ago, it would start getting stuck in high mode, where twisting the head didn't change modes any more. I cleaned the threads (wiped down, did not put any lube on) and it seemed to fix the issue.

Today, it's back again. Flickering, dimming and brightening, modes not changing. I tried cleaning the threads, but no luck. Seems to be getting worse, actually.

Any ideas on what I can try next? I contacted the seller tonight and I'm just within 30 days. If they have a return policy - great - but I wanted to make sure it's not me missing something. I'm new to quality flashlights.

ahtoxa11

Newly Enlightened
Tried cleaning the threads some more, but now it's stuck in the low mode and still flickering.

Should I be using any kind of lube on the threads? Could that be causing the issue?

Amelia

Enlightened
So I got the S200C2 almost a month ago.

About a week ago, it would start getting stuck in high mode, where twisting the head didn't change modes any more. I cleaned the threads (wiped down, did not put any lube on) and it seemed to fix the issue.

Today, it's back again. Flickering, dimming and brightening, modes not changing. I tried cleaning the threads, but no luck. Seems to be getting worse, actually.

Any ideas on what I can try next? I contacted the seller tonight and I'm just within 30 days. If they have a return policy - great - but I wanted to make sure it's not me missing something. I'm new to quality flashlights.

Unscrew the head. There are 2 tiny little gold "pins" opposite each other on the head. These are what signals the head what brightness to be in. They are little "plungers" that slide in and out of their hole. Make sure they are CLEAN and slide freely with no catching, jamming, or friction. Clean with denatured or isopropyl alcohol only (not water or stronger solvents) and make sure they are DRY before applying power to the light again. If they need lubrication, use a TINY bit of dielectric grease (cheap at an autoparts store, apply with toothpick), do not squirt things like WD40 or sewing machine oil in there.

The gold pins ride in a groove built into the flashlight body - make sure that part of the light is CLEAN and dry.

If that doesn't work, warranty it... EagleTac will take care of you.

Last edited:

ahtoxa11

Newly Enlightened
Not sure if visible in the photo, but one of the 'plungers' seems to sit lower than the other. Not sure if it was that way, but they both move freely.

Although I did suspect it may be them regulating modes.

c461d5e9e1484cff484204563ca4c6ad.jpg

ahtoxa11

Newly Enlightened
Ah crud. The pin that sits lower definitely failed. The spring tension under is noticeably less than the other pin. It doesn't spring back as readily, causing the poor connection, seems like.

Warranty it is. Going to see if the seller is willing to work within 30 days and then go from there.

Pretty bummed that I need to exchange it. If the seller doesn't have a 30-day return window or doesn't have the neutral white tint in stock, I might be waiting a while for the replacement.

First my ZLh52w and now this. Down to one light, the ZLh600w. It better not break!

Last edited:

ahtoxa11

Newly Enlightened
Re-read Amelia's post about applying dielectric grease on those pins.

Dielectric is non, conductive. Wouldn't it make the issue worse?