Newly Enlightened
This light finally released
34343_zpsokccyrob.jpg

555555555555555_zpsi8jjyswy.jpg

6555_zpsjhnbcipa.jpg

http://www.fenixlight.com/ProductMore.aspx?id=1173&tid=31&cid=30#

ven

Flashaholic
Defo picking one of these up,complement my cl20 very well ,which i like a lot . Do prefer 18650 use over eneloops tbh,just easier for me as i always have 18650s with me:D

The cl20 will be for work uses and/or glove box duty!

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
The CL20 specifies that it has neutral white light but the CL25R just says "white light" without saying neutral or cool. Does anyone know what LED is being used, how many there are, and what tint?

chuckhov

Enlightened
A long time in waiting, it looks like Fenix has really done it right this time!

I have no 'actual' need for this light as of yet, which means that I'm just gonna have to have one:)

Great Job, Fenix!
-Chuck

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
The CL20 specifies that it has neutral white light but the CL25R just says "white light" without saying neutral or cool. Does anyone know what LED is being used, how many there are, and what tint?

No NW no buy for me when it comes to lanterns. Odds are as their other lantern is NW this one will be as well.

kj2

Flashaholic
Whoo.. Just read that the given runtimes are based on a Fenix 2300mAh 18650. Low (moonlight) runtime will be (around) 880 hours, according Fenix, with a Fenix 3400mAh battery.

chuckhov

Enlightened
Neutral or CW?

If you will look at the 12th pic in the lineup (the IPX 6 one) you will see a color shot taken while the light is on - Only a pic of course, but I at least hope that it is somewhat indicative of what we will see with the eye.

Looks like a Neutral to me!

http://www.fenixlight.com/ProductMore.aspx?id=1173&tid=31&cid=30#

And yes, it would seem that we are looking at a 350lm runtime of around 3hrs, using our "real man's" kind of batteries:)

Thanks,
-Chuck

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a bit of a lantern fan, this CL25R looks seriously impressive. Quite small, 0.8 - 350 lumens, 18650 or CR123 powered, start on low first (unlike Black Diamond's lanterns), instant access to red, and magnet/tripod base. :party:

Has there been any mention from Fenix on price?

Enlightened
No NW no buy for me when it comes to lanterns. Odds are as their other lantern is NW this one will be as well.
In the 2015 Fenix catalogue, the CL20 and CL25R are side-by-side on the same page and neutral white is a specific bullet point for the CL20 but appears nowhere next to the CL25R. I see no mention of neutral in any of the CL25R literature.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
In the 2015 Fenix catalogue, the CL20 and CL25R are side-by-side on the same page and neutral white is a specific bullet point for the CL20 but appears nowhere next to the CL25R. I see no mention of neutral in any of the CL25R literature.

Gosh that would be a shame.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

That is my observation as well. I really hope this is neutral white or it's a no go for me.

ven

Flashaholic
Agree,for a lantern NW or even a little on the warmer side, for that extra bit of cosy warmth feel...........

No cool white for me and i do like my cools,but only on specific flashlights for specific tasks.

Agree there chuck:) looks a NW from that pic for sure,fingers crossed then:D

LeafSamurai

Enlightened
Very keen to buy one or two or more but will wait to see if it's neutral white as well. Cool white is ok, but a camping light is best in neutral in my opinion.

RedLithium

Newly Enlightened
As a bit of a lantern fan, this CL25R looks seriously impressive. Quite small, 0.8 - 350 lumens, 18650 or CR123 powered, start on low first (unlike Black Diamond's lanterns), instant access to red, and magnet/tripod base. :party:

Has there been any mention from Fenix on price?

Fenix store has price of $78. Included battery is worth about $10. Seems a bit on the high side to me... but I'll still get one if the price eventually goes under $50.

https://fenixlighting.com/product/cl25r-camping-lantern/