International Outdoor

Deep6Osama

Enlightened
Does anyone know what happened to International Outdoor? The store has been down for a couple days now.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you ordered from or emailed them before, I would suggest sending them an email if you curious enough to know when they are planning to be online. If you don't have their email Im sure another CPF'er could PM it to you.

Deep6Osama

Enlightened
I have emailed them twice in the past two days with no response. I just hope they shipped my order I placed 10 days ago. For what ever reason they don't send me an email when they ship orders so I check back to get tracking info. Going through withdrawals need to build something. I may have to take something apart just so I can put it back together again.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have emailed them twice in the past two days with no response. I just hope they shipped my order I placed 10 days ago. For what ever reason they don't send me an email when they ship orders so I check back to get tracking info. Going through withdrawals need to build something. I may have to take something apart just so I can put it back together again.

I neglected to mention I feel "down for a few days" without prominently placed contact information, feels off.... The website also doesn't look encouraging as all the links are the same blank page. I didn't want to speculate or cause alarm, but if you're emailing them and it's been 10 days from when you ordered ( depending on how they ship / were you are ect.. ) I'd consider 1 more email and if nothing in a day or so... immediately file a charge back or PP dispute. If you want to be patient thats fine but after 14 days with no contact, personally I would definitely do a charge back.. Make sure to note the time limit terms on your method of payment and not to exceed them. Usually when companies have major down time they make an effort to communicate promptly as they don't want customers thinking they're gone.

Last edited:

Deep6Osama

Enlightened
I sure hope they did not go under. They don't sell junk and they don't have a huge selection for sure but what they do sell is decent with average prices. Most all of the LED's are offered with Noctigon Copper boards for example. Pay Pal has come a long way in my opinion back in the day you only had 30 days to file a dispute now it is 180 days. I usually buy from Mountain Electronics here in the US but he is out of my favorite flavor XM-L T6 4C. Feeling the need to kick something.

Canuke

Enlightened
It says DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE when I visit.

Chris

Hank Wang just posted this at BLF, quoted here FYI:

"Thanks for the concern, and sorry for the site down.
Currently, our office is in the move, that's why we closed the the site and stopped accepting new orders.

The site will be back online by next week.

Some of the orders have not been shipped, they will be shipped as soon as possible."

Deep6Osama

Enlightened
In what area did you find that post? I just joined BLF last week. Never mind found it. Lets see if Mr. Wang responds to contact through pay pal as of 10 minutes ago.

Whoever Mr. Wang is he has been a member of BLF for 3 years and said nothing about shutting down the site to BLF members.

Last edited:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sure hope they did not go under. They don't sell junk and they don't have a huge selection for sure but what they do sell is decent with average prices. Most all of the LED's are offered with Noctigon Copper boards for example. Pay Pal has come a long way in my opinion back in the day you only had 30 days to file a dispute now it is 180 days. I usually buy from Mountain Electronics here in the US but he is out of my favorite flavor XM-L T6 4C. Feeling the need to kick something.

It says DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE when I visit.

Chris

Waiting and no order/contact is annoying. Although you're covered through PP so thats good. It's all about how patient you want to be for communication / order.

My cutoff would be 2 weeks max. If they are moving and re-opening - great. I still just wouldn't want to deal with no communication after 2 weeks.

Either way you got 180 days to file a dispute, so you're covered on that end.

Deep6Osama

Enlightened
He pm'ed on on BLF to say both orders shipped with no tracking info. I started a communication in pay pal with no response. I may or may not wait two weeks to file a claim. Seriously communication goes a long way and so many people do not use it. It's hard to believe but most humans are not telepathic.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
He pm'ed on on BLF to say both orders shipped with no tracking info. I started a communication in pay pal with no response. I may or may not wait two weeks to file a claim. Seriously communication goes a long way and so many people do not use it. It's hard to believe but most humans are not telepathic.

Honestly, unless you're tracking with UPS, most tracking programs are crap anyhow.

XtarDirect (Calif.): Ordered 5/19, shipped 5/21, gets hung up in Miami on the 23rd and disappears for 8 days until it shows up at my door right before 'we' were going to ship me a new package.

FastTech (Hong Kong): Ordered on 5/19, seems to have shipped via USPS Special Person Service via DHL. Gets stuck in Newark N.J. for the past week with a new delivery date of 6/10.

Sunkingdom 14w solar panel (Calif.): Ordered on 5/19. Got it in 2-3 days via USPS.

Patience is a virtue and while some tracking programs are worthwhile, most of them just make you more pissed off because you didn't get it 'quickly enough' and forget it if your package contains li-ion cells.

Chris

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast

This.

Deep6Osama

Enlightened
I have found this web site most helpful for China Shipments. When packages stop moving here usually within 5 days or so the USPS has tracking on it. Hope it helps you Chris.

https://www.aftership.com/courier/china-post

As far as patience it has been 10 days and 13 days on the two orders without an email letting me know I placed an order or shipping.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have found this web site most helpful for China Shipments. When packages stop moving here usually within 5 days or so the USPS has tracking on it. Hope it helps you Chris.

https://www.aftership.com/courier/china-post

As far as patience it has been 10 days and 13 days on the two orders without an email letting me know I placed an order or shipping.

Thanks for that link. Mine's in Orlando as of today, the 6th. It's supposed to be here on Wednesday via USPS Small Package Battery service, which seems to have been handled by DHL for some reason.

It'll be 22 days, which isn't too bad considering that a) shipping was free to me and b) we're talking 4x18650 li-ions and c) Hong Kong>Miami.

I'm willing to cut Int.-Outdoors some slack just because of the fact that they're moving their operation in some fashion.

My point is is that sometimes 'knowing and tracking' can be more frustrating than not knowing/tracking at all, lol.

Chris

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably took a month for me to get my copper beryllium Springs. I didn't receive any emails or anything after I placed my order.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hank Wang, owner of International Outdoor, posted on BLF yesterday.

Here's a cut and paste of what he posted:

"Thanks for the concern, and sorry for the site down.
Currently, our office is in the move, that's why we closed the the site and stopped accepting new orders.
The site will be back online by next week.
Some of the orders have not been shipped, they will be shipped as soon as possible.
Thanks.
Hank"

Deep6Osama

Enlightened
Site is back up. Now it gets really baffling. My first order shipped on the 30th my second order shipped yesterday the 7th. But here is the baffling part the orders shipped 8 days a part yet both orders have the same tracking number. Confidence is high I will not be getting my second order.

Deep6Osama

Enlightened
What I don't understand is how could two separate orders shipped 8 days apart have the same tracking number.

Latest posts