THORFIRE C8?

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
Hello all!

does any body own a throfire C8? i cant find any decent review on these, and you two only has two videos that doesn't really provide a lot of information.

I was wondering how well it does as a thrower and the quality/reliability.

Thanks!

( and yes i did a search on CPF and didnt find anything...)

WhitedragonBC

Newly Enlightened
If you're considering buying one look into the Convoy C8 instead. Higher quality for pretty much the same price.

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
I was looking at those also, but the ones on amazon are over priced and direct from china.

any other sites i can buy it from with out having my credit card info stolen?

and i really dont want to wait 2-3 weeks for it to come from China...

also how do you know the quality of the Convoy is better?

If you're considering buying one look into the Convoy C8 instead. Higher quality for pretty much the same price.

WhitedragonBC

Newly Enlightened
Check out Mountain Electronics if you want to buy from a US store. You can get them from the usual chinese places too, BangGood, FastTech, GearBest, etc. Just use PayPal with them if you're worried about your credit card.

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
Very nice. I tried to cancel my Thorfire from amazon, but its already being processed. I guess...i'll end up with two lights LOL and just have to compare them my self.

Check out Mountain Electronics if you want to buy from a US store. You can get them from the usual chinese places too, BangGood, FastTech, GearBest, etc. Just use PayPal with them if you're worried about your credit card.

gray devil

Newly Enlightened
For the price of $20 on amazon, and all the positive reviews, I just ordered one. I will compare with the Nitecores I currently own.

gray devil

Newly Enlightened
For the price of $20 on amazon, and all the positive reviews, I just ordered one. I will compare with the Nitecores I currently own.

Got the C8s in from Amazon. It is a nice light for $20 but does not have the robust feel of higher quality lights or the Thorefire VG10. All in all it's not bad for the price and the light is very bright for what it is. It is noticeably brighter and has more throw than the VG10. My Nitecore MH25 is brighter, but also costs quite a bit more.

Oh yeah, it took about 4 - 5 days to get here.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Amazon C8's lights are a coin toss of quality. You may or may not get a authentic one. Meaning, there are Knock offs of Knock offs. The Convoy is a noticeably better quality light. I second the Mtn Electronics recommendation. If you get the Amazon light. Take it apart and check it out, great platform to do some learning and mods/tweaks.

Batteries??? What do you have going on there?? You need some good quality cells, how about a charger??