I just have to share this!

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am considering selling my Nitecore TM11 v1.2, so was doing a little research on possible asking prices. I was reading some of the reviews on Amazon when I came across one I didn't believe. The reviewer openly admits he has never seen or owned a TM11, but gave it a one star review because he thought he remembered reading a story about a TM11 exploding and harming the owner due to shrapnel!

I don't remember ever seeing any mention of a TM11 exploding. I can see one being damaged beyond repair by a cell bursting and/or venting or leaking, but actually exploding the TM11? Anyone have any opinions or have any info on the possibility?

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am considering selling my Nitecore TM11 v1.2, so was doing a little research on possible asking prices. I was reading some of the reviews on Amazon when I came across one I didn't believe. The reviewer openly admits he has never seen or owned a TM11, but gave it a one star review because he thought he remembered reading a story about a TM11 exploding and harming the owner due to shrapnel!

I don't remember ever seeing any mention of a TM11 exploding. I can see one being damaged beyond repair by a cell bursting and/or venting or leaking, but actually exploding the TM11? Anyone have any opinions or have any info on the possibility?

I haven't seen anything like that. Sure, it is POSSIBLE for a cell to vent (causing an event that easily could be described as an explosion in layman's terms). But the TM11 is about as safe as a multi-cell setup can be. Cells are connected in parallel, so reverse charging isn't going to be a problem (most common serious issue with series configuration).

Your post says it all...a person who gives a product one star, despite having never had any experience with the product, just because he thinks he heard at one time there MIGHT have been a safety issue, has ZERO credibility. In my opinion, especially given the parallel setup, absolutely nothing to worry about.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't seen anything like that. Sure, it is POSSIBLE for a cell to vent (causing an event that easily could be described as an explosion in layman's terms). But the TM11 is about as safe as a multi-cell setup can be. Cells are connected in parallel, so reverse charging isn't going to be a problem (most common serious issue with series configuration).

Your post says it all...a person who gives a product one star, despite having never had any experience with the product, just because he thinks he heard at one time there MIGHT have been a safety issue, has ZERO credibility. In my opinion, especially given the parallel setup, absolutely nothing to worry about.
Oh, the world abounds with them. Another reviewer gave it two stars because the 'batteries rattled'!

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vote his/her review down. It's about the only thing you can do that might help.

Berneck1

Enlightened
Amazon should only allow reviews to verified buyers.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

TCY

Enlightened
The Nitecore "Thunder Mallet" series.. sure to burst your head off in times of need.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. People can be some strange creatures. I too have seen some odd or peculiar product reviews. Strange can be the verified purchase ones. You read it and think, what in the world were these people thinking when they ordered this.

Makes me wonder, We are probably a small percentage of the humans who actually read, research, and ask questions. We also can troubleshoot most things.

I read that review and I have a friend like that. He thinks he knows everything about everything. I started calling him Google. He says dumb stuff like this, but he actually thinks he is helping.

Example. I haven't seen him in a year. We meet inside a friends house the other day. Out of the blue, He starts telling me how to build credit. (I never asked and my credit is pretty solid) I make a lot more $ than him, but have 3 kids. He is single with none. He sees my sunglasses (rather old Ray Ban Waffer) he pulls his shades off and forces me to try them out. He is telling me all this crap about the lense and how much safer they are? I didn't know mine weren't safe. Lol
Now mind you, he isn't bragging. He is helping educate me. He knows I have sensitive eyes. I get bad headaches in bright sun. I find the RayBan dark lenses and a hat work best.

Then he says I have to go outside to see how much better his $275 sunglasses are for my eyes. Reluctantly, we go outside. There before my eyes behind his $275 glasses is his car. It is a flat black 90's Compact car, with no hubcaps or AC! I said, dude is that your car. He says yea I have a few things that need work. I was speechless. I of course asked if it was safe, he replied he doesn't want to take it out of town. It's too hard to pull over and add oil. Then I asked why he didn't buy a decent used car. He said he tried but got turned down for the loan!

What! The man is single, 45 years old & He just spent $275 on sunglasses and is telling folks how to build credit!!!!!

He would write a review like this to help folks. Lol

Sorry, I just had to get that story off my chest.

djburkes

Enlightened
I'm sure the guy was referring to the story about a flashlight exploding in a guy's mouth but it wasn't that particular light. It happened to a CPF member named Subalpine, he posted a story about it in the forum last year, I believe it was a solarforce light.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TM11 cannot possibly be both Tiny and a Monster.
Makes no sense.
0 stars.

+

They spell nite not night -1 star:p

:laughing:

When I read "reviews" I always skip to the 1 star. They are usually the most entertaining.

That said, I trust the 1 star reviews as much as the 5 star reviews. There's too many people that just hand out one or the other. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle, but of course there are exceptions.

markr6

Flashaholic

That kind of bull$&%! on Amazon needs to be deleted. Unfortunately it's impossible to police those gazillions of reviews. I also hate the idiots that give one star to a 5-star product due to a shipping problem. Those issues need to be taken up with Amazon or the seller via Amazon. When you're browsing thru products you're looking at stars for PRODUCT reviews, not shipping/vendor reviews. Those 1 star reviews do nothing but hurt the user's shopping experience. Luckily, they are always easily spotted and ignored.