Professional headlamp

lawor8

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone recommend an incandescent headlamp that has a professional looking headband ( basic black or any other clean look) and not the typical branding on the headband?

Last edited:

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Professional Headlamp

That might mean that you need to find the headlamp that you like and they buy a separate strap for it. But may be that is already what you intend to do. As far as plain black goes, that might be more of a challenge. When I see "professional headlamp", I try to imagine you uses headlamp in the course of their employment. Some medical professional use things of that nature. However, I would envision those to be white, not black. There are others that use headlamps in a professional setting, but many of those would be attached to helmets rather than using a headstrap. Possibly, if all else fails, get a headlamps and dye the strap black.

Another thing that you may want to do it contact the manufacturer of the headlamp that you are interested in. Ask them where they get their straps from. Then contact the supplier, maybe they can make a plain black one for you.

Last edited:

King Ghidora

Newly Enlightened
You can buy the stuff to make your own straps at any Walmart. I've done that before when I found a light I liked then found it wouldn't fit my head. If the strap that comes with your light has the right parts swapping out the strap itself isn't all that hard. It may require a little bit of sewing but that's not so hard. Some parts my not work with a replacement strap but there are generally substitute parts you can buy right next to the strap material. It's all in the sewing section of Wally World. It only hurts for a little while if you have to go there yourself. :)