Good LEd Torch with clean spread of light and good beam throw up to $150 AUD

muso

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I am looking for an Led torch with good throw with a clean spread pattern. I bought my son a cheapish led torch from Bunnings and must say I'm very impressed indeed. There were two led torches in a blister pack one large and one small. They are 'Eiger Electrical' brand both aluminium with the large torch 240 lumens and the small one 160 lumens both are CREE led 5w and 3w. They have a projector glass lens, the large one throws a fantastic clean spread of light with no margins just a white circle that lights up the back yard when adjusted to wide focus. My trusty 3D Led mag-lite throws further but does not have the clean white spread that the new one has. The torches only cost $39.95 from Bunnings so I didn't expect them to be this good.

Anyway since my son has these two torches, I'm after a similar one as the large one with good throw distance but also a clean wide spread pattern for when I take the dogs out at night in the bush. I've looked into a couple of models such as Thrunight TN12 2014, Armytek viking etc and have searched on these forums but there is so much out there that I can't see the forest for the trees, and this LED technology is so addictive! I am wary of buying online in fear of Chinese fake copies, I got stung buying an MP3 player once from Hong Kong.
My budget is around $100 – $150 AUD thanks

muso

Newly Enlightened
Sorry I couldn't find the thread and thought it hadn't gone through, so I have started another thread on the same topic, moderator could you please delete this thread, many thanks ;)

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
might as well answer this one like I did your re post. Coast HP550 is the light you want. Dump the alkaline AAs it comes with and use L91's or NiMH cells. The light plus batteries should keep you below your budget limit