LiFePo 123 Recommendations

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking into 3 volt LiFePo 123 batteries for my Mag Tac and Surefire 6PX. I was going to get the K2 Energy batteries/charger from Surefire but it seems like Surefire no longer sells the charger/batteries and the prices have gone up elsewhere.

Are there other better options than K2 batteries/charger ?

I see Tenergy makes lower cost cells/charger but there are a lot of bad reviews on the Tenergy cells. Are the Tenergy chargers any good? Can they be used with K2 cells?

gofastman

Enlightened
I had good luck with the green labeled Tenergy LiFePO4 RCR123s. They didn't get a whole lot of use by me before I gave them to my uncle along with a flashlight because he needed one.
I feel XTAR makes fantastic chargers, a few of their models have selectable charging voltages for various Li-ion chemistries.
Tenergy also makes an ICR chemistry 123 cell that has a regulating circuit that brings the voltage down to 3VDC after a couple milliseconds when the circuit is completed. However, they require their special charger and I have no experience with them.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I've been using the Tenergy's for about 8 months now and they've been fine. I can recommend them as well.

Tenergy now also offers LSD NiMH batteries which I have found to compare favorably to the Sanyo Eneloops.

Last edited: