All your lights, turned on in the bedroom.

insanefred

Enlightened
This ought to be a fun thread. Grab all your lights with batteries charged up, take them all in a dark bedroom. Then take a controlled shot (no lights on with the shutter speed, aperture and ISO used) Now turn all your lights on their max and take another photo with the camera settings used along with -1 EV, -2EV and -3EV.

Amelia

Enlightened
Mine would probably be just a washed out white screen.

Same here! :)

Then there's the question of whether or not I could even fit all of my lights into one room, supposing I could locate them all to begin with! :D

markr6

Flashaholic
LOL great idea! I'm probably too lazy to do it though.

The sad part is, my wife wouldn't think anything of it...she's used to this stuff by now :)

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
OP: Great idea! Unfortunately I have only camera in my phone.

Turned on on their moonlight / low mode then? :)

i was thinking more about this. I like the idea. Perhaps OP should start it off with a pic? Lol Maybe I will do strobes and moon lights. Ha!

Kalpn

Newly Enlightened
I think I will be too blinded to find my camera and take a shot. :eek:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it isn't all of my lights, but they are pretty turned on. :devil:

"That was just pillow talk, baby."
-Ash

Last edited:

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's mine..

Control
tZSOu7N.jpg

Lights on
WVXEtUA.jpg

:grin2:

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm......

I don't know if I have enough batteries to do this (and I will probably leave out coin cell lights) however I have a camera with full manual control so challenge accepted.
Can I add a request to make this more fun: In addition to the "no lights" and "all lights" shots, add a "room light" shot where you switch on all regular fixed lights in the room such as the ceiling light and any table lamps. If you don't want to reveal too much of the room, it would be OK to take a photo looking toward a corner or so (but take the same photo each time).

Edit: I have some lights with semi-dangerous turbo modes like the nitecore EC11, I will have to run some lights at a lower level or time my switching on/photo carefully.

Need to wait for darkness!

insanefred

Enlightened
Hmm......

I don't know if I have enough batteries to do this (and I will probably leave out coin cell lights) however I have a camera with full manual control so challenge accepted.
Can I add a request to make this more fun: In addition to the "no lights" and "all lights" shots, add a "room light" shot where you switch on all regular fixed lights in the room such as the ceiling light and any table lamps. If you don't want to reveal too much of the room, it would be OK to take a photo looking toward a corner or so (but take the same photo each time).

Edit: I have some lights with semi-dangerous turbo modes like the nitecore EC11, I will have to run some lights at a lower level or time my switching on/photo carefully.

Need to wait for darkness!

Of course you can use your rooms lights for reference too!

I can't wait to see the photos.

Helmut.G

Enlightened
How the hell should I get all my lights together? It would take months of searching. Also I probably don't own enough batteries to turn them all on at the same time. This is insane.