What flashlight would Indiana Jones use?

GoVegan

Enlightened
The good thing about having kids is that you get to watch all the old classic movies again with someone that has never seen them before. I'm currently going through the Indiana Jones movies with my 10 year old daughter (she loves them BTW) and the other day was watching The Last Crusade.
I noticed that Indy did pull out a penknife/folder in Raiders of the Lost Arc, but that he doesn't carry a flashlight despite the real need for one! :)
In fact while he was going through the old church catacombs in Venice all he used was a lighter, but the bad guys following them had small handheld flashlights.

So that got me thinking. Just a bit of fun, but if there was a modern day remake of the Indiana Jones movies, what flashlight do you think he'd use and why?
Your guess has to have a solid reason why and it has to be a currently available flashlight.

My guess would be the Gerber Ultra infinity due to it's small size, 50-100 hour runtime, waterproofness/durability, and a single AA that can be sourced world wide even in remote towns.
I though perhaps the Surefire E2L, again for the long runtime, although batteries would definitely be a problem to replace on an expedition so probably not, although the AA model may certainly be reasonable option.

I guess he may decide to take a small headlamp too but I can't see it going too well with his fedora. lol
In which case maybe the Petzl e+LITE in a small first aid kit at the bottom of his shoulder bag.

Before anyone mentions a big Foursevens or Olight +1000 lumen light stop... and think again. :)

markr6

Flashaholic
Just don't let the good looking Nazi chick choose!

You have chosen...poorly

Definitely the best Indiana Jones movie!

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
The good thing about having kids is that you get to watch all the old classic movies again with someone that has never seen them before. I'm currently going through the Indiana Jones movies with my 10 year old daughter (she loves them BTW) and the other day was watching The Last Crusade.
I noticed that Indy did pull out a penknife/folder in Raiders of the Lost Arc, but that he doesn't carry a flashlight despite the real need for one! :)
In fact while he was going through the old church catacombs in Venice all he used was a lighter, but the bad guys following them had small handheld flashlights.

So that got me thinking. Just a bit of fun, but if there was a modern day remake of the Indiana Jones movies, what flashlight do you think he'd use and why?
Your guess has to have a solid reason why and it has to be a currently available flashlight.

My guess would be the Gerber Ultra infinity due to it's small size, 50-100 hour runtime, waterproofness/durability, and a single AA that can be sourced world wide even in remote towns.
I though perhaps the Surefire E2L, again for the long runtime, although batteries would definitely be a problem to replace on an expedition so probably not, although the AA model may certainly be reasonable option.

I guess he may decide to take a small headlamp too but I can't see it going too well with his fedora. lol
In which case maybe the Petzl e+LITE in a small first aid kit at the bottom of his shoulder bag.

Before anyone mentions a big Foursevens or Olight +1000 lumen light stop... and think again. :)

Well that depends, do you mean a modern remake of Indiana Jones or do you mean a modern incarnation of him. I think you forgot that Indiana Jones was set during WWII and the tech they had then was somewhat more limited.