It's been a good week for me :) (New torch's)

conanthewarrior

Newly Enlightened
Hi people. I hope your all doing OK.

Yesterday, my Convoy S2+ arrived, which really impressed me.

Today, my tank007 E09 arrived, along with its Sanyo eneloop battteries! I ordered the torch from china, and the batteries from south Korea, so It really is lucky they came on the same day! Even ebays estimate is in the future for these batteries, so that was a touch.
(Postman work Saturdays in the UK, not sure if they do in the USA?)

Now, it is daylight so I can not really test it properly, I will tonight, although full and half power are visible across the lounge on the wall with daylight shining in through the large bay window, low is not visible on the wall but is on the floor, and I think it could be that mode that makes it a literal lifesaver because of the longer battery life (20 hours at 10 lumens, 60 lumens for 3 hours, and under an hour for full power at 120 Lumens is claimed in the manual).

Now, have they updated this torch? It says it is rated at 120 lumens, and does appear to be visually on high just below medium on my S2+, which I find amazing from a AAA battery, as I thought it output around 72 lumens in high mode?

In all honesty, this will probably get more use than the convoy as it will always be on my keyring.

I also tested eneloops claims that the batteries come full, I put them in my nitecore charger and yes, it showed a full battery (great charger BTW, charges everything from AAAA to C Ni-MH or Ni-CD, then 26650 down to 10440(AAA) in lithium Ion).

So, in two days I got my two torches, and am very impressed with them, and they was worth the wait. Only thing I have trouble with was getting the keyring loop though both holes, so I put it through one which is actually better anyway as the torch can be moved more freely, instead of it jutting out to the left.

I will do a 1 AM test of this mini beast tonight (Our streetlights go off 1AM to 5AM Monday-Saturday, then on Sunday they go off at Midnight untill 5 or 6, not too sure when they start up on a Sunday, but this is the only time I get real darkness as I live opposite a rugby field, behind that is a large 18 hole golf club, I will go there to test as there is no lighting at all and you can not see your hand in front of your face if the moon is covered by clouds).

Last edited: