SUREFIRE TITAN AAA 15/125 RELIABILITY POLL!

Has your Titan(s) functioned as intended?

• I own(ed) a TITAN and it has functioned as intended.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I own(ed) a TITAN and it has NOT functioned as intended.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • I've own(ed) multiple TITANS and they have all functioned as intended.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • I've owned multiple TITANS and they have NOT functioned as intended.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I just want to press a button.

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clarification:

1) You have owned 1 TTITAN, it functioned as intended.

2) You have owned 1 TITAN, it did NOT function as intended.

3) You have owned more than 1 TITAN and they have all functioned as intended.

4) You have owned more than 1 TITAN and 1 or more have NOT functioned as intended.

Last edited:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
1-I have owned one Titan AAA and if functioned as promised.

Thanks for the data! Currently we are 1- Functional 1- Non-Functional and 5- "I just want to press a button."

I can't tell if it's fun, retribution or indifference, but I still find it interesting. I would find it more interesting if owners voted though.

gbelleh

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure how to vote, because mine functioned as intended, but I returned it due to a build quality issue.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure how to vote, because mine functioned as intended, but I returned it due to a build quality issue.

I returned my Titan for a refund today. Aside from the uneven lens seal, over the weekend mode switching became much more flickery and inconsistent. I didn't want to gamble with a replacement. My 3-mode Fenix E05 is back on my keychain for now, and still working perfectly. I may give the Titan Plus a try someday, if its bugs all get worked out.

That did not function as intended.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for doing the poll. Data is good! Wondering how the "I just want to press a button" relates to a reliability poll? Isn't that more of a 'feature' question?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Currently "own" 3. All function as described.

To further clarify,
I have one on main key ring. It has a tough ride with all the other EDC junk banging around with it. The HA is holding up amazingly better than most HA lights. I normally only carry Ti, SS, Cu, or Brass lights due to this. But I am impressed so far. Its been through 3 batteries already. I use the heck out of it.

Wife carries one, Daughter uses other.

They/I don't have a single complaint at this point.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't vote meaningfully as I don't own one, but do you think there are grounds to assume that there is a big issue with this light? If yours did not function correctly, did the famously good Surefire warranty resolve the issue?

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is one month old and has never missed a beat. I carry it under the shirt hanging from my neck by means of a string. It needs two hands to operate.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I can't vote meaningfully as I don't own one, but do you think there are grounds to assume that there is a big issue with this light? If yours did not function correctly, did the famously good Surefire warranty resolve the issue?

The best warranty is the one that's not needed. Naturally the topic of warranties isn't really relevant to durability and or reliability within the context of this thread IMHO.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
The best warranty is the one that's not needed. Naturally the topic of warranties isn't really relevant to durability and or reliability within the context of this thread IMHO.

True, the warranty is not relevant (and mentioning that was only an aside), but the question I was asking is if the OP knows of lots of other problems (prior to posting the poll), or just had a single isolated issue themselves.

Woods Walker

True, the warranty is not relevant (and mentioning that was only an aside), but the question I was asking is if the OP knows of lots of other problems (prior to posting the poll), or just had a single isolated issue themselves.

Sad to say it's all right here. In this case it's what hasn't gone wrong rather than if. Heck I actually leaned of few potential points of failure within this classification of light which were unimaginable before this release. So I decided not to buy it. Spent that money on the new Fenix lantern.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Surefire-Titan-A-(1*AAA-15-125-lumen)/page26

I am not sure a reliability pole is even necessary in this case as it's kinda beating a dead horse IMHO. Granted there are people who are happy with their lights. To each their own.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Thanks for doing the poll. Data is good! Wondering how the "I just want to press a button" relates to a reliability poll? Isn't that more of a 'feature' question?

Dan, he means I just wanted to vote for something even though I don't have the light. Not that the voter wanted a clicky version.

Admittedly, I pushed that button.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just wanted to press a button. - Not often I get to do that sort of thing.

Thanks Forrest,
-Chuck

As much as I regret that poll option. I can't lay blame on anyone. I also just wanted to press a button, and did just that.

That was a "decoy" for the passive aggressive button pressers to try and obtain some relevant data. It failed with fashion.

Currently "own" 3. All function as described.

To further clarify,
I have one on main key ring. It has a tough ride with all the other EDC junk banging around with it. The HA is holding up amazingly better than most HA lights. I normally only carry Ti, SS, Cu, or Brass lights due to this. But I am impressed so far. Its been through 3 batteries already. I use the heck out of it.

Wife carries one, Daughter uses other.

They/I don't have a single complaint at this point.

As much as everyone likes to shame me for enquiring when SF drops the ball with such frequency, I am just as interested in lights that work as I am as lights that don't. The whole idea of the poll was to see actual numbers. I value your feedback.

Not directed at any one person, but the "warranty card" has no place in this thread. Lot's of people enjoy using it in regards to SF. Someone should have gave them a heads up about their world class warranty when I've used it. Who knows, maybe I would have got a working light out of it.

Sad to say it's all right here. In this case it's what hasn't gone wrong rather than if. Heck I actually leaned of few potential points of failure within this classification of light which were unimaginable before this release. So I decided not to buy it. Spent that money on the new Fenix lantern.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Surefire-Titan-A-(1*AAA-15-125-lumen)/page26

I am not sure a reliability pole is even necessary in this case as it's kinda beating a dead horse IMHO. Granted there are people who are happy with their lights. To each their own.

In hindsight, it is beating a dead horse, but wanted real data points which now I think this thread will provide anything but that…….. What I find fascinating is people continue to rationalize that purchasing this light anytime in the near future is worth the effort or aggravation. What I find even more interesting is more people than not ( up to this point ) have reported that their lights functioned as intended. I also believe that those people voted in all honesty with their true experience. However, it's clear that people who have had issue aren't voting for one reason or another ( and of course to some degree that plays to both sides ). Don't tell me not to speculate, unless Im breaking some forum rule Im unaware of. Im growing rather weary of apologists. 10/10 on "speculating" & "bashing" in regards to the TITAN when simply trying to get a grasp on where this light was at launch and where it is now and why there are so many problems. It's amazing how the definition of words change when feelings get involved. That kind of defeats the purpose of, you know.....speaking. We might as well just grunt and throw sticks at each other.

All that said please stay to the topic, not bad so far: DID YOUR TITAN WORK OR NOT? Is pretty much the gist of the poll and what I was interested in.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

In hindsight, it is beating a dead horse, but wanted real data points which now I think this thread will provide anything but that…….. What I find fascinating is people continue to rationalize that purchasing this light anytime in the near future is worth the effort or aggravation. What I find even more interesting is more people than not ( up to this point ) have reported that their lights functioned as intended. I also believe that those people voted in all honesty with their true experience. However, it's clear that people who have had issue aren't voting for one reason or another ( and of course to some degree that plays to both sides ). Don't tell me not to speculate, unless Im breaking some forum rule Im unaware of. Im growing rather weary of apologists. 10/10 on "speculating" & "bashing" in regards to the TITAN when simply trying to get a grasp on where this light was at launch and where it is now and why there are so many problems. It's amazing how the definition of words change when feelings get involved. That kind of defeats the purpose of, you know.....speaking. We might as well just grunt and throw sticks at each other.

All that said please stay to the topic, not bad so far: DID YOUR TITAN WORK OR NOT? Is pretty much the gist of the poll and what I was interested in.

I think maybe in this case even a working light might not mean much to a potential buyer. For example if someone got a first run with funky disappearing metal part and they only use the SF battery and it's never dunked odds are everything will be ok. However there seems to be problems when SF simply removed the metal part. Also without the proper seal aka funky sealant rather than O-ring waterproofing is questionable. All of this is IMHO. I clicked.

I just want to press a button.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where's da button?!?!?!???
I'm sure mine would be reliable, button press that is.

^^^ See it does work! Opinion vote, wanted to click reliable, clicked the button instead. Well Done!

I think maybe in this case even a working light might not mean much to a potential buyer. For example if someone got a first run with funky disappearing metal part and they only use the SF battery and it's never dunked odds are everything will be ok. However there seems to be problems when SF simply removed the metal part. Also without the proper seal aka funky sealant rather than O-ring waterproofing is questionable. All of this is IMHO. I clicked.

I just want to press a button.

Clearly at some point in this mission, I must conclude that the reliability and production quality of the TITAN is irrelevant.

All that matters now is that everyone gets a chance to press a button.

Last edited:

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
My Titan #475 has been great since day one. No mode issues whatsoever, all cells fit except Tenergy Centura, and it can be operated with one hand (could use some kind of knurling, IMO). The anodizing is unbelievably durable (or maybe the aluminum itself is tougher than my other EDC lights, IDK). My only concern is the moisture ingress possibility...

Status
Not open for further replies.