Found a cheap pocket clip for AAA lights

WingNut182

Newly Enlightened
I found a cheap pocket clip for AAA lights and thought I'd share the idea. You know, give something back for all the lurking I've done and ideas you guys have.

It started out by wanting to add pocket clips to a Fenix HL10 and an e05 (2014). Yup, I know, the HL10 is a headlamp with a bracket and headstrap but I am not using it that way. I think a pocket clip opens up EDC flexibility and usability of both with little added bulk: as a cap light or by clipping to shirt or jacket for makeshift hands free use. Gives me another carry and store option too, I suppose. Keeps the cylindrical one from rolling away.

Looked at the usual selling sites and found some things that might work but they seemed a bit pricey.

Then I stumbled on a cheap flashlight with a clip and selling for $1.53 USD each with free shipping! Ordered 4 of them for about 6 bucks, for my two and a couple others for friends and family, and they came today.

They are perfect fits on the roughly 14mm diameter barrels. A little tough to slip off from the donor lights and a little tough to slip onto the target lights - but that's kinda what you want. Had to take the battery cap or light head off, depending on construction of each, using a small needle nose (well, an EDC Leatherman Squirt).

Of course, the HL10 now won't fit into the headlamp bracket with it. And I think they would fit with a little squeezing onto a MagLite Solitaire LED ~13mm. A clever flashaholic could fashion a small finger sized lanyard to attach to it, if wanted. Yeah, I might do it too, I like a little loop to put a finger through to prevent dropping into or behind something very inconvenient and awkward.

I put Rayovac alkies in the now naked and slightly scratched cheapies (I coulda been a little more careful) and gifted them away. They kinda had a purple tint and some artifacts in the beam. Incidentally, one of the four lights did not work, I don't care.

To find them on eBay, search for some of these terms from the title of the listing:
Flashlight LED Bright Medical Pocket Aluminum Alloy Pen Clip Waterproof Torch GB

Happy hunting...

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great idea. I would super glue them if you are concerned about them popping off or twisting.
Here is a pic to give folks idea that don't want to search the Bay.

_12_zps73ihneih.jpg