Is it still worth getting Nitecore EC1 now?

ArmoredFiend

Newly Enlightened
I know Nitecore jst released EC11 to replace the older model of EC1. And as such, one of the dealer here is selling them at a rather low price at USD$ 20 a piece shipped.

Because of the price, i am tempted to get 1 to replace my current EDC, also a Nitecore, EZ123 that i have been carrying for past 4-5yrs.

Question is, is the $20 worth it? The multi-modes, brighter Turbo/High, Low Low and a red light plus strobe/sos/beacon will definitely be suitable as an all-rounded pocket rocket.

Or it's wiser to top up another $40 and get the newer EC11 instead?

The EC1 will be coming with 18month warranty as usual.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where can I buy the EC1 for $20? I love my EC11, esp when I use the body of my EC 20 so I have 960 lumens with 18650 run times. But the EC1, IMHO is like a Surefire E1E due to its size-it is a 1" diameter body, with the length of an E1E WITHOUT the tail cap. I would buy 2 of the EC1's AND an EC11...

ArmoredFiend

Newly Enlightened
Where can I buy the EC1 for $20? I love my EC11, esp when I use the body of my EC 20 so I have 960 lumens with 18650 run times. But the EC1, IMHO is like a Surefire E1E due to its size-it is a 1" diameter body, with the length of an E1E WITHOUT the tail cap. I would buy 2 of the EC1's AND an EC11...
Hahaa. You're not helping with the 2 x EC1 and 1 x EC11 response. But i get where you're coming from. So i guess even with EC11, it's still worth to get the older EC1 at such a price. PM you the site in a bit..not sure whether he ship internationally though but you can ask. :)

20 USD or perhaps he says 20 USD under MAP price?
What's MAP? But the website indeed says USD20 a piece of EC1. :)