Lights you "can't" sell anymore

markr6

Flashaholic
What are some lights you have, and possibly don't use, but don't bother selling because it wouldn't be worth the hassle?

I have two Fenix PD32UEs and with the new PD35 and revisions to that model, I don't think this would be worth pricing at $30-40 to sell. It's a nice light, but I don't like cycling thru the 5 modes constantly so they don't get used. I decided to hang on to them and keep one in the car and one in my garage toolbox.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Idk man, that PD32UE is still sweet.
In other words, I'm a type that would buy an add it to my horde.
I want one still, nice little light.

We forget what is maybe worthless or worth little, may be just what the other guy is looking for.

Have a great one MarkR6.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, thought for a minute I do have one.

Pelican M6 LED, "Roar of the Pelican" model.

It's also spotless, saw very little use.

How could I sell that and sleep at night 👅
Just kidding, I'm not blaming the light alone.

masterP

Newly Enlightened
maglite solitaires and mini maglite AAA.....I kept a few mini maglite AA's, but the first two are pretty much useless for anything

I just gave them all to my friend that thinks maglite is the greatest thing on earth

Black, Surefire G2. My first quality light. It now sports a SS bezel and a Mallkoff drop-in. Sometimes I dress er up with a flamed titanium clip, purchased from Jason Hui. I'll never part with it. First love and all.

~ Chance

recDNA

Flashaholic
I have a lot of P60 hosts and ano worn flashlights that wouldn't be worth a trip to the post office to sell. I have a pretty blue 2xAA incan Maglight that is nice to look at but doesn't produce enough light for any purpose I can think of.

torchsarecool

Enlightened
I have a fenix e35ue which I have never used! Not really worth selling either as they're so cheap to buy new. Nice to look at I suppose

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
This one probably isn't worth selling
19c22432ac1d2de9ae6d3e7bdb833622.jpg

It was in my left pocket when I laid down my motorcycle last year. It's become my house beater and although I'd like to get an SC62C, I don't want both and I'd probably have to give this one away. It probably has the most hours of use than any light I own, but it doesn't get carried a whole lot.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
This one probably isn't worth selling
19c22432ac1d2de9ae6d3e7bdb833622.jpg

It was in my left pocket when I laid down my motorcycle last year. It's become my house beater and although I'd like to get an SC62C, I don't want both and I'd probably have to give this one away. It probably has the most hours of use than any light I own, but it doesn't get carried a whole lot.
Shiny side up, err yeah.

Hopefully you're OK now.

jfong

Newly Enlightened
I think my first ever flashlight (not counting military angled-head lights) counts for this: Surefire 9AN Commander.

Its beam is still gorgeous, but brightness vs size isn't impressive anymore. Lower lumen option isn't an innovative feature with the way LED's do the same easily.

Oh, how far we've come.

ronniepudding

Enlightened
Fenix E21 was the first decent light I purchased for myself (not counting incan Maglites, etc.), and its max output is something like 160 lumens. I don't see anyone buying or selling them used these days, but I imagine it wouldn't sell for very much $. It is, however, solid and reliable, so it lives in the wife's car as an emergency light.

GatorMedic

Newly Enlightened
L3 Illumination's L11C with Nichia. Too cheap to sell.

I recently sold a L3 Illumination L10C and L10 in a bundle with five other lights. All told it was the L10C, L10, Fenix E01, Streamlight Microstream, red Olight i3s, black Olight i3S, and FourSevens Atom A0. All of those are considered low priced lights, but I was able to sell them altogether in a bundle for a price that made it worth my while.

Just a thought for y'all that have a few lights that you deem you "can't sell," bundling might be a good option.

mattw

Newly Enlightened
That would be my Fenix L1D and L2D, but I really like the L2D.

markr6

Flashaholic
Idk man, that PD32UE is still sweet.
In other words, I'm a type that would buy an add it to my horde.
I want one still, nice little light.

We forget what is maybe worthless or worth little, may be just what the other guy is looking for.

Have a great one MarkR6.

Well, I'm glad I downgraded this to my toolbox. I was doing an oil change last night and it was nice to have this light handy, and something I didn't mind getting dirty/beat up now.

Idiots at the dealership TIGHTENED that oil plug and filter sooo tight. No wrench would even get that filter off. Ended up puncturing it in a few spots...oil everywhere. I finally got it off somehow. I'll be doing all changes myself from now on.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I'm glad I downgraded this to my toolbox. I was doing an oil change last night and it was nice to have this light handy, and something I didn't mind getting dirty/beat up now.

Idiots at the dealership TIGHTENED that oil plug and filter sooo tight. No wrench would even get that filter off. Ended up puncturing it in a few spots...oil everywhere. I finally got it off somehow. I'll be doing all changes myself from now on.
Motto of some lube monkey, turn until contact with base and gasket, then turn additional five turns.

+1

Arthur Pinetree

Newly Enlightened
So at what point does a flashlight go from being 'you can't sell that' to 'that's a museum piece worth holding on to?"

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be my Fenix L1D and L2D, but I really like the L2D.
man, i still love the l2d. my gateway light into flashaholix anonymous.

on topic, probably my modified maglights. one is a mag 1d with aspheric lens and one is a mag 3d that ran off 9aa in a series powering 3 less(4 dies per led). man, those were the days that you had a build a high power light yourself. now, it's easier/cheaper just to buy. worthless to sell but has some nice sentimental value.