Does anyone here nickname their lights?

R.W.D.

Enlightened
I'm not saying I name mine but I have other things with names tools guns just random crap..

The only reason I ask or even though to ask was because I always come across that strange slender man game or someone playing it or a spin off and I've come to know all dim or heavy artifact lights as aa "slender light" because in that stupid game your equipped with what may be the worst flashlight ever.. -Projects harsh rings and or is super dim- that's my definition of a Slender light.

It's a weird post I know but sometimes it's amusing to talk about unusual topics.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I give them girls names and I take them apart, clean their tubes and then giving them a good lube all the time talking under my breath saying how beautiful they are....

No, I don't. I actually find myself sometimes quoting the full manufacturer, model and LED bin

Last edited:

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Getting a little deap with the lube and whispering mr. floppy xD and I do the same thing when someone's like "woah what kind of light is that!?" My answer is something like oh its a SF P3x BK Fury with a free XML u2. They always say "oh" and I'm left thinking well you asked?..

I think most all of agree the 9 led 3 AAA is totally a POS and shouldn't be called a flashlight.. It's more like smashing an incan but not messaging up the filament then trying to use it as a light in hope it doesn't crap out on you.. Those stupid things are made with what seems like tin contacts that oxidizes when you give it a look. not to mention everyone sells them and you have to beat them to get them to work.

They are on the S**t list for sure.

Last edited:

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I wonder why some ask, knee jerk reaction question I'm guessing.

I think I may just reply, it's just an old flashlight from now on.

Amelia

Enlightened
No - but sometimes when I'm on a long hike I'll talk to my batteries...
"Hey you wonderful Sanyo - just get me 3 more miles before quitting! I don't want to stop to replace you with Panny here..."
I spend too much time alone! :(

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I just call my big powerful lights my "photon blasters" like my Vinh Tk75vn77 at 20,000 lumens or my Modamag Colossus at 15,000 lumens.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I give them girls names and I take them apart, clean their tubes and then giving them a good lube all the time talking under my breath saying how beautiful they are....

No, I don't. I actually find myself sometimes quoting the full manufacturer, model and LED bin

That was hilarious!

I name my lights after the items I would have bought if I didn't buy that particular light. Examples are "New Bike" and "New Climbing Harness"!

kelmo

Last edited:

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup! All my lights have nicknames.
My maxabeam is Bright Betty.
My modded Coast polysteel is my B.S. Blinder.
My edc is my pocket rocket.
My locator is Multidimensional Sun Source (mss)
And my current top secret project is simply B.F.L.
And then there's the little baby lights which have names as well.

nimdabew

Enlightened
Yes. My fenix I call the little *******. The little ******* was lost one day, the little ******* was in my car, and when I went to get the little *******, I forgot my apartment keys inside of my apartment. At 3am. On a Tuesday. I was outside in my car, in socks, for hours before someone emerged to go to work. The little ******* made for a very unpleasant light.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a two 6D MagLites back in the late 90s and carried one at work. I told my staff that her name was Rachel, after the FRIENDS TV show.

I had detail officers from the FHP working for me and that light was tougher than their batons.

Chris

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've nicknamed some of my lights;
My 6P with a Malkoff neutral MC-E 20 degree dropin is called "General Malkoff"
My TK40 was Mr. TK40 (lost, likely stolen by movers)
My tan M20R special group order limited edition neutral already had the nickname Mr.Elfin tattooed on the back of his head. Now, Mr. Elfin was lost somehow and I was lucky enough that the reseller still had a few in stock, but in natural aluminum. At least I can still enjoy Mr. Elfin in a neutral way.