Liteflux LF2XT Repair

Morningdew

Newly Enlightened
I have a Liteflux LF2XT that I carry quite oftern.

The front glass is smashed. Perhaps someone could help me.

1) Is it possible to repair?
2) If yes, can I do it myself?
3) If yes, where can I obtain a replacement piece of glass?
4) If yes, where could I find instructions on how to remove the LED driver assembly so the replacement glass could be placed in the head.

If no, I'd be open to shipping it to someone and have them repair it, if the repair cost was reasonable. In fact if the cost is reasonable I'd probably just prefer a trustworthy person to repair it for me.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Send a message to cpf member shineonyoucrazydiamond. For sure he could help you and is is great to deal with. Technically this repair is possible as far as i know.

Eala

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the repair is possible.

But I have read that it takes a lot of care to remove the driver from an LF2XT without damaging it. It can be done, but I don't think I'd want to do it myself.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The hard part is finding some small tool suitable to unscrew the driver, the rest is easy.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
The hard part is finding some small tool suitable to unscrew the driver, the rest is easy.
I got these to work. Got them at Wal-Mart.

7ZmNpIz.jpg

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast

I vaguely recall reading about some trick with the LF2XT. Something like the driver being a sandwich of two boards and you needed to insure whatever tool you stuck in the holes in the bottom went through both boards. If it only went through the top board (as would be the case with tweezers), then you risk destroying the driver.

It's been a few years though... I could be misremembering. I don't dare try opening my own LF2XTs as they're worth nearly $300 each now.

In any event, even if my memory is correct, you could probably get by with a bent small paperclicp.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I vaguely recall reading about some trick with the LF2XT. Something like the driver being a sandwich of two boards and you needed to insure whatever tool you stuck in the holes in the bottom went through both boards. If it only went through the top board (as would be the case with tweezers), then you risk destroying the driver.

It's been a few years though... I could be misremembering. I don't dare try opening my own LF2XTs as they're worth nearly $300 each now.

In any event, even if my memory is correct, you could probably get by with a bent small paperclicp.
All I used my tweezers for was to tighten the board. It had come loose and was acting up intermittently. Sticking the tweezers in there I could tell it was loose. I was able to turn it to tighten it and it then worked ok.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
All I used my tweezers for was to tighten the board. It had come loose and was acting up intermittently. Sticking the tweezers in there I could tell it was loose. I was able to turn it to tighten it and it then worked ok.

Cool. Good to know.