Maglite ML50?

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Mike! Thanks to the marketing genius of MagLite, we have a confusing (to some) array of model numbers. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the ML designation is used in the current line-up of LED MagLites. Not to be confused with XL lights.
Depending on the exact model, it can cover 2C, 3C, 2D & 3D sizes.
The number generally refers to the user UI options and hence, cost.

ML50 - No frills, On-Off
ML100 - 100%-25%-Strobe-SOS-Momentary
ML125 - same as above, but with rechargeable NiMH pack or 3C Alkaline mixed fuel option.
ML300L - 4 selectable Groups (General, Outdoor, Law Enforcement, Tactical) with various arrangements of Eco, Low, Full, Momentary and Strobe (LED MagCharger also running this UI)
ML300LX - same as above, but with 'aggressive knurled design' and 'matte stealth finish' (or shiny corn-cob knurling to the rest of us. :p)

Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:

redtruck

Newly Enlightened
I haven't seen it before, looks new to me. By the description it is the same as the ML300L (3rd gen D cell LED) but it runs on C batteries. The above BH link says it has 4 mode groups that are switchable.

Going to be on the look out for this one!

tjhabak

Enlightened
I think this is awesome! I hope the ML50 gets the LX treatment with the matte anodizing and pineapple checkering on the grip. I know it's crazy but I'm still a Mag fan boy I guess!