• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

S30R II replacements status

Olightworld

Enlightened
Hello,

We are working extremely hard to get all of the replacement S30R II's out to everyone. We have been receiving an increase in emails sent to us about the replacements. We ask that you please be patient during this process. We are producing our newly engineered lights as fast as we can and are shipping them out as we get them. If you have reached out to us about your S30R then we will send you an email with a shipping confirmation once we have sent your light out. Thank you for your support and understanding.

- Olight

Last edited:

Camo5

Newly Enlightened
Re: S30R Tailcap Issues

Oh wow excellent! I had called olight originally when I was having problems with my s30R that I got about a month after release! It turns out it was the tailcap. I was able to postpone the problem by cleaning out the little brass button and its connection point and putting dielectric grease on it to help it work, but the turbo mode rarely if ever actually does something compared to high :/

So will you be sending out replacement tailcaps to everyone who has purchased one of these flashlights? or do we have to submit a ticket or something?

Also! Regarding a different possible solution, make the tailcap one piece and have the base be the spring-loaded component. a one-piece tailcap will also allow the light to be a little shorter, on top of being far more waterproof!

Last edited:

Olightworld

Enlightened

Hello,

Your suggestion is actually the new design. the new tailcaps will be shorter and will be one solid piece and the charging base has the spring. Please send your information to [email protected] in order to be put on the list to receive the new tailcap and charging base. thank you.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast

I also received an almost immediate response(in my case, confirming I was on their list). It is never fun when there is a design problem, but Olight responded immediately by sending out replacement caps(they originally thought there was a bad batch of caps), and when that did not solve the problem they did a redesign and tested it prior to announcing they had the fix. Then waiting for the new tailcap and chargers to be produced. They have communicated with me throughout and I look forward to the fix.

Camo5

Newly Enlightened

Just wondering about the possibility, but I think it would be REALLY cool to be able to turn on the light while it is attached to the base (maybe limit the output to medium mode) so the light can still charge while it acts as a desk lamp for my room. I would be willing to wait a year if olight could make the new charging base take advantage of usb 3.0 current capacity and add the desklamp feature to the charger.

One more question: Has the magnet increased in size at all? an N52 3/4" x 3/16" disc would make the thing stick to just about any magnetic surface, rounded or flat. https://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=DC3-N52&cat=168

I am just very interested in making this the perfect utility light XD

Last edited:

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just saw there is a second Gen S30R being released with a special battery. Is this battery part of the fix for the issues the first gen had? If so will it be available to the owners of a first gen like the tail caps and chargers are?

Olightworld

Enlightened

That is a very cool idea. I am not sure if that is possible. Hopefully it will be in the future!

Olightworld

Enlightened

The battery itself has nothing to do with the issues that the S30R first gen is having. We are shipping the tail caps and charging bases only. Thank you!

SA Condor

Enlightened
South Carolina and Bolivia, South America

Hello! I just sent an email to you and I hope I will be added to the list. I bought my light early this year, but only just received it since I'm overseas. It worked for me on my camping trip, which I'm thankful for. But when my wife went to use it it wouldn't work. I tried and it wouldn't work, so I charged it. It still didn't work, so I did an Internet search and came across this thread and a couple earlier threads from this year. I'd love to have the light fixed!

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello! I just sent an email to you and I hope I will be added to the list. I bought my light early this year, but only just received it since I'm overseas. It worked for me on my camping trip, which I'm thankful for. But when my wife went to use it it wouldn't work. I tried and it wouldn't work, so I charged it. It still didn't work, so I did an Internet search and came across this thread and a couple earlier threads from this year. I'd love to have the light fixed!
Until they get you a fixed cap.

Play with the center pin on the tail cap, it's not seated correctly and stopping power from flowing.
Some folks get it working by dropping it on base charger a couple times and the pin settles when it's lifted off charger, others have taken it apart and settled it until a fix comes.

Mine, I just tap it a few times on base an it usually settles, at least until updated parts come out to each of us. Sometimes it doesn't and it is annoying.

SA Condor

Enlightened
South Carolina and Bolivia, South America

Thanks for that info. I've found that when I push that button that I am indeed able to turn my light on. I also found that while on, if I push that button my light turns off! So I have to be careful how I'm gripping my light.

I haven't got a reply yet from Olight, but I realize that I wrote over the weekend.

Until they get you a fixed cap.

Play with the center pin on the tail cap, it's not seated correctly and stopping power from flowing.
Some folks get it working by dropping it on base charger a couple times and the pin settles when it's lifted off charger, others have taken it apart and settled it until a fix comes.

Mine, I just tap it a few times on base an it usually settles, at least until updated parts come out to each of us. Sometimes it doesn't and it is annoying.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you Olightworld, got the email today asking for my S30r Serial Number in preparation for sending out "the fix". I look forward to receiving it.

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast

i sent in for parts too, got an email requesting serial numbers... bout 2 weeks ago... nothing yet.

Raysbeam

Enlightened

After dealing with Olight's customer service and having the wait time to get a fix for my Olight S30R, Olight's fix with the S30R Baton II is outstanding, other manufactures need to look to Olight and see how real customer service is done A+ I have full confidence in buying anything Olight produces. Excellent Quality! Thank you Olight!