Showing off a custom Preon

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm really happy with how this turned out! It's a gift for my girlfriend who is going into vet school soon and I figured she could use a good light to carry in her scrubs. Of course being a flashaholic I may have gone a little overboard.

The light is a titanium Foursevens Preon P1 with a Nichia 219B emitter and custom machined tailcap, almost cool enough on its own (but not quite) . Then I had is polished and anodized by TiSurvival (Really great guy), and added a custom engraved titanium pocket clip by prometheus lights. What do you guys think?

05e9e1f951b3357053e9de161bcd10aa.jpg

a232460f7abb52169264b789473d7ef6.jpg

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice!! I don't think you went overboard at all. If you had splash anodizing done then you would have gone overboard :whistle:.

Seriously - great gift.
Can't say I wasn't thinking about it [emoji5] and thanks, she's not at all interested in flashlights but I think she'll like this one.

stateoftheart

Enlightened
Its convinced me anyway like the form factor of this light. Do you know if you can replace the switch with a McClicky for momentary.

stateoftheart

Enlightened
Awesome didnt know the ti head ever came with a Nichia. Did you request for 47s.

Engraving finishes it off but its a little steep, the clips 20 and engraving is 25 I can't really work that one out.

Its quite a lot considering a McGizmo ti clip is 15.

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome didnt know the ti head ever came with a Nichia. Did you request for 47s.

Engraving finishes it off but its a little steep, the clips 20 and engraving is 25 I can't really work that one out.

Its quite a lot considering a McGizmo ti clip is 15.
I had to buy a Preon from Illumination Supply and swap pills.

stateoftheart

Enlightened
You did great. I would be proud to EDC that light. Especially in a professional atmosphere.

Oh awesome so instead of me buying a Nichia version from Lumn for 50 bucks I could just buy a noctigon 8mm board, solder it on and off I go. Looks like a neutral XP-G might be on the cards.

Did you use glue to stick the pill back in?

Thanks

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh awesome so instead of me buying a Nichia version from Lumn for 50 bucks I could just buy a noctigon 8mm board, solder it on and off I go. Looks like a neutral XP-G might be on the cards.

Did you use glue to stick the pill back in?

Thanks
Yea, just thread the pill back in. I don't believe the glue is necessary. The pill in the Ti head came right out with no heat, when you tighten the pill into the head it compresses and o ring. That should be enough to keep it from backing out.

Last edited:

wolfgaze

Enlightened
Looks great... Be sure to also give her some advice as to how to minimize the chances of losing a little light like this...