electrical problem in my race trailer

turbodog

Flashaholic
Hi all,

I'm looking for some answers on a problem. I have a 'race trailer' that I use for biking. This thing keeps throwing breakers SOMETIMES.

Electrically speaking, it's got an a/c unit, 2 outlets, and 1 light (with switch). It's got a 30' rv pigtail that attaches to the side. There is a small breaker panel inside the trailer with 3-4 breakers.

When I plug it to my house, campsite power, or generator power it works perfectly. When I plug to my shed's power (containing a subpanel fed from house outside panel) it throws the breaker for the circuit I use in the shed (shed has 4 circuits).

Problem even happens when all breakers in trailer are OFF.

I see no voltage leakage to the trailer frame, aluminum skin, etc. I have checked resistance between hot-neutral, hot-ground, neutral-ground, etc. Can't detect any shorts.

Shed wiring is top-notch. It doesn't matter what outlet I use there, all 4 breakers on 2 phases have same problem. All other things in shed are fine (window a/c, lights, outlets, fan).

I've even checked frame/neutral/hot to earth (like the dirt itself) and measure nothing.

Weirdest thing I've seen in a while.

I've checked the pigtail alone and problem does not happen with it.

Ideas?