Trek 7 Green

Brock

Flashaholic
Well I just got a new Trek 7 green with 7 green 28,000 mcd LED in it. It is by far the brightest LED flashlight I have seen. It is about 3 times as bright as the white version. I usually don't like other color LED's but this one is amazingly bright. It would be great for walking outside at night or for lighting up a room. I just wish it had a one LED or all 7, it is a bright light
smile.gif

Brock - http://www.uwgb.edu/nevermab/led.htm

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brock:
Well I just got a new Trek 7 green with 7 green 28,000 mcd LED in it. It is by far the brightest LED flashlight I have seen. It is about 3 times as bright as the white version.
Brock
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have to notice though, that the LEDs in this light are very much overdriven.
It wouldn't surprise me to find them pumping out 80,000 to 100,000mcd apiece under these conditions.

Are these LEDs a pure, slightly whitish green or are they more of a cyan color?

At 20 milliamps, Nichia's green NSPG500BS LEDs are 10,000mcd with a 15° viewing angle, while their blue-green NSPE590S are 20,800mcd apiece with a (published) 10° view angle.

The description of the flashlight seems to point towards Nichia's blue-green LED, rather than pure green.

The LED Museum & The Punishment Zone

------------------

Brock

Flashaholic
I am guessing it is the blue greenish model I would say it is about 10 degrees viewing angle, so it is 20,800 mcd not 28,000 mcd I will have to correct that on my page, and yes they are being overdriven for sure, but it is amazing to see that much light from an LED.

Brock

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brock, where did you find the green Trek 7?

------------------
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man"
-Nordic proverb

DaveH

Enlightened
Wow, I may have to get one, now if it was turquoise, my my my!

DaveH

D

**DONOTDELETE**

So, I have read quite a bit that the new Green LED's are super bright but are they really good for outdoor lighting along a trail? I tried a green photon once outside and even tho it was brighter than the white I had, the green tended to get washed out in foliage. Anyone have some further experience here before I make my wife really PO's for more LED's and lights?

I really want to try the green Ininity but am a bit skeptical.

Brock

Flashaholic
I can't really say how it effects leaves since all we have is snow here now. This is my first green light so I havent played with it enough to know how it is outdoors. I have used it in dark Theatres and basements and it is great, but I wasn't looking for anything with color, just walking thought looking for boxes ect.

Brock

Latest posts