battery spacer

SuPpAvIlLiN

Enlightened
Hey guys, I have a flashlight and the switch I would like to use in it causes a little bit of battery play. I have this spacer but it is too big, does anyone know of anything out there that can take up some room but still allow function of the light?

SuPpAvIlLiN

Enlightened
It uses one rcr123. It's fine with a colicky switch. But the electronic switch I want to use leaves a little play.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
What flashlight is this for? Does it have springs at both + and - terminals? Is the clicky switch threaded into the tail,held in place by a threaded terminal that could be adjusted to compensate for the play?sorry for the "20 questions", I am trying to wrap my mind around the best solution. Do you have a set of calipers you could estimate the amount of space you need to compensate for(thinking out loud...could you solder a small spring to the positive end that would keep things in place)? Is there anyway to add a few metal washers at the negative end, held in place by the negative spring to take up the slack? A picture or two might help also....

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
A small coin or aluminum foil fold can be used as a spacer between springs and battery. If the battery shakes side-to-side, a bit of paper or plastic wrap wrapped around the battery does the trick.

No springs points toward magnets due to more certain electrical continuity. AL foil squashes and over time will give poor contact in addition to not-so-great conductivity.

Also, rare-earth magnets are often used here on CPF to take up space and to guarantee contact.

SuPpAvIlLiN

Enlightened
It's a McGizmo Haiku. It has a clicky screwed into the tail. Spring in the negative only. Light works perfectly with the stock set up. But I have an e switch I want to use and there is a bit of play and my modes switch with every bump.