• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Last price drop, last call: U2, MC-E, 18650 - all ready to use!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Releasing one of my U2s back into the wild: $300 Paypal, includes US/UK/EU/AU shipping. - now $250

This is a first-generation 'sleeved' U2, with the plastic sleeve in the battery compartment removed so that it will accommodate 18650 cells easily. Originally a 6V LuxV, converted to MC-E 2S2P by an expert modder, including the reflector mod so that there is just the bare minimum of a dark spot in the center while retaining optimum focus - in fact, even my unmodified LuxV original Surefire U2 has a little bit of dark at the center. I estimate maybe 350+ lumens: very bright and useable, with all the magic of the original U2.

As far as I know the head is sealed and Loctited back together so the light is fully immersion-proof. I've been very happy with this light for years, but I'm reducing the collection, so some things have to go.

There is light wear on the knurling, tailcap has a tiny nick, but otherwise the light looks great. Photos - CLICK HERE

Last edited:

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: U2, MC-E, 18650 - all ready to use!

140 views and no interest? :p

OK... final price adjustment to $250. These are still selling for $299 stock, with laughable light output. Seriously, hardcore a U2 fan as I am (the light, not the band), I wouldn't pay MSRP for one today. And you're getting one for $250, with all the work already done to bring it up to a very decent, useable light level, with 18650 capability, without the trouble, not to mention cost, of having to go and arrange to get it modded.