Wuben        

Thread: Peak LED Solutions Communication Skills?

Enlightened

Default Peak LED Solutions Communication Skills?

Warning : I think I sound rude in this, but I can't think of a nicer way to word it right now.

Working at a reseller, we got in an order of Peak flashlights and have sold several of them now.

I was a little suspicious when we first received our order and about half of it was wrong.
    Now, we can't get in touch with them at all.
    In December (2014) a customer purchased a Logan 17500 from us.
    He received it by the end of December as it was faulty from arrival.
    With some help from a previous thread I posted on these forums, we confirmed that it truly was faulty.
    We contacted Peak to ask what action they would like taken.
    After a few weeks of attempts both by myself and the customer, they finally replied to the customer.
    He sent the flashlight to Peak in the middle of January.

Well... over six months later and we can't get them to respond as to the status of his flashlight.
    I am sending them yet another email today, but I'm expecting to still get a lack of response.
    We actually have had a few people contact us about models that are out of stock or we don't have yet... but we can't order anything since Peak just won't respond to us.

So, has something happened to Peak that I haven't heard about yet?
    I tried looking around, but couldn't find anything... and their site is still up.
    Basically, has anyone been able to communicate with Peak in the past six months?

Default Re: Peak LED Solutions Communication Skills?

Its sad they make good products but their service is horrible. I've tried to contact them through email and here just trying to purchase extra pills, its ridiculous. You try to support American made products and you might well be on the other side of the world from them... end rant

Certainly not on my "Remember to buy from again" list.

I recently lost the QTC from my light accidentally and no amount of trying seems to yield any true satisfaction from them in any sense.
    I sure am not about to send a light back to them for every reason you can think of.
    I ended up buying QTC material on Ebay and servicing things myself,inconceivable why this is the way things are here?

Flashaholic

This is very odd to me.

I have always gotten quick and courteous replies from Peak. Is it possible you are sending emails to the wrong address? your emails might be going into their junk folder?

You need to email Robyn @ Peakflashlights to get a response so do try that. I have always received excellent service from them and they always go above and beyond. Robyn is a sweetheart .

Honorary Aussie

Quote Originally Posted by BriteLite2 View Post
    This is very odd to me.

I have always gotten quick and courteous replies from Peak. Is it possible you are sending emails to the wrong address? your emails might be going into their junk folder?

You need to email Robyn @ Peakflashlights to get a response so do try that. I have always received excellent service from them and they always go above and beyond. Robyn is a sweetheart .

That's good to know. I have a number of Peak and TnC lights but have never needed parts and service. But Bob Kastan there has been very helpful with purchase orders and always responds promptly to emails. He says he's always around and to just call him or email him with any questions.
    It is better to buy a beautiful, expensive, custom flashlight than to curse the darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by BriteLite2 View Post
    This is very odd to me.

My experience as well. just ordered a eiger head power level 1 and a couple spare parts via email. Took a day to get a response. Nothing unacceptable. Alway had good experience ordering from Peak. Email does seam to be their preferred method for communication now days meaning don't expect them to answer the phone. They are a small operation and you will not find a better made light for the price IMO.

My experience trying to communicate with Peak in the past is in line with the OP. My emails were never replied to. I was advised to phone them and found that most of the time I couldn't get through.

This certainly put me off from buying new products from them.
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

Unenlightened

Hello!

I ordered a flashlight from them last week, and while the payment went through promptly, none of my emails did (I wanted to make a slight change to my order). I forwarded my last email to a different address (the one registered to their PayPal account) and got a response within minutes--they did not receive my previous emails, so perhaps they are having issues with their website's inbox/spam filter?

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by easilyled View Post
    My experience trying to communicate with Peak in the past is in line with the OP. My emails were never replied to. I was advised to phone them and found that most of the time I couldn't get through.

This certainly put me off from buying new products from them.

Yeah, their site email seems to be useless. I didn't see a response till I got ahold of Robyn through her Paypal email address.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuba-Paul View Post
    Hello!

I ordered a flashlight from them last week, and while the payment went through promptly, none of my emails did (I wanted to make a slight change to my order). I forwarded my last email to a different address (the one registered to their PayPal account) and got a response within minutes--they did not receive my previous emails, so perhaps they are having issues with their website's inbox/spam filter?

Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetasigma View Post
    Yeah, their site email seems to be useless. I didn't see a response till I got ahold of Robyn through her Paypal email address.

Surely it wouldn't be too difficult for the email on the website to be updated then. Robyn must see these threads on CPF and should attempt to make the process a bit easier, especially when its so simple to rectify. This has been going on for (far too) many years.
    Last edited by easilyled; 01-18-2016 at 03:59 PM.
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

Unenlightened

I'm looking for help on an issue I'm having which is similar issue the OP had. I ordered two lights two weeks ago and I still have not even received a confirmation email other than from PayPal confirming payment. Unfortunately, I have tried emailing them (both the emails listed on the website, PayPal, and this thread). No luck.

I'm just a little concerned about the order being lost. Any recommendations? How long do they generally take to ship an order? Thanks