Maratac Rev 4?

maslo

Newly Enlightened
I hope I'm not posting this in the wrong section. I searched the thread and I also tried googling it but couldn't find any answers. Anyway, how often does Maratac revise their flashlights? It seems the Rev 2's came out 2012 and the Rev 3's shortly followed in 2013. It's now halfway into 2015, can we expect a Rev 4 anytime soon? Do they usually make an announcement or do they just sort of come out. If anybody has any sort of intel that would be awesome. The reason I'm asking is because I'm thinking of picking up an AAA Rev 3 because there's a deal right now on Massdrop (not a huge drop but avoids the ~$10 shipping from CountyComm). Here's the link if anyone's interested: Link removed. The reason I'm hesitant is because I'm not crazy about the polished stainless steel, I would much rather have a bead-blasted/satin finish or natural anodized aluminum. Also, I feel like they're due for a Rev 4. Anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hard to say, I believe that they were still trying to produce enough Rev 3's to meet demand. So not sure if they planned to stick with the 3 a little longer. It is a dandy of a light. Have you looked around for copper?

Berneck1

Enlightened
CountyComm is not your typical company. From what I have gathered, most of their business is with government entities. I have communicated with them a little on product updates, and have found the responses to be a little vague.

In fact, I recently asked if the June 28th restocking date for their mid pilot red watch was good. They replied, yes, only for it to be moved to August 28th a day later! I asked why that was and if it was accurate. They simply said, the date can move depending when the movements come in. So I pretty much have to keep checking and hope I catch it. I'll probably find something else by then.

So, you can't really believe what you see on the site, and they could come out with an update at any time and not tell you.

That said, I have a few of their products and they are well made. However, if you don't like the stainless, then don't buy it. I'm sure they will eventually restock what you want or update it.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

maslo

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all. Very helpful information. I ended up joining the drop.