• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: 6,000 lumen Maglite ( Price drop!) - SOLD

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
FS: 6,000 lumen Maglite ( Price drop!)

Custom Maglite with 3" turbo head. Custom UI.

I built this light a while back, and recently the owner offered it back to me as payment for some custom work on other lights.

Here is the original thread.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?352892-FS-6120-OTF-lumens!

List Date: 7/3/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: FS: 6,000 lumen Maglite ( Price drop!)
--------------------------------------
SOLD

--------------------------------------
candlepowerforums

Last edited:

bartko09

Enlightened
Re: FS: 9xml Maglite

Damn! I bet it lights up a football stadium!

Mark Hubbard

Newly Enlightened

VoB,

What batteries work best with this beautiful monster X9 Maglite (5 x 26650), protected or unprotected? Button top or flat? Do you recommend a particular brand? If so, where do you buy yours (eBay, Amazon, somewhere else)? Also, if it's handy, what is the approximate overall length of this light? You're killing me with your latest price drop. :)

Many thanks,

Mark H.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Mark,

My personal favorite for this light would be Keeppower IMR 5200ma cells. They are flat, but the top is raised enough to make contact between the cells. I use the unprotected version myself, but if that is an issue for you protected would be fine.

I bought mine from Ilumn.com. Mountain electronics and E2 field gear are also reliable sources for batteries. I don't buy cells from ebay ( unless I know the seller) because so many fakes are on the market.

From tip to tail this light is just under 20" long. The head is about 3 1/4" round.

Mark Hubbard

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS:NOW ONLY $189!! 9xml Maglite

Hi VoB,

Thank you for your comprehensive reply to my questions. I've checked out and bookmarked Illumn.com and Mountain Electronics at your suggestion. Illumn in particular looks great, and I plan to buy some new batteries from them, as well as a new charger. As much as I would like to own this custom 9XML Maglite, after discussing it with my sweet bride, it's just a bit too large for our use at this time. She's the one who gets up in the middle of every night to take our English Mastiff out to pee and poop, so it's her call as to what light(s) to use. I thought she might enjoy using a torch that would illuminate our entire yard, but she's already got her hands full.

Anyone considering this light should also read the original thread (linked above), which shows the massive custom-machined aluminum head and super high quality results achieved by Vesture of Blood. It's clearly worth every cent of the $425 it originally went for, and it's currently the bargain of the year on CPF. If you've been politely waiting to see if I purchased it, now is the time for you to go ahead and buy it.

Thank you again for your helpful advice and the additional information. I very much appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Mark H.

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Re: FS:NOW ONLY $189!! 9xml Maglite

Dang, that's less than half original price, I'll take it!

PayPal incoming.