Found Misplaced LED flashlight

wrcsixeight

Newly Enlightened
So I was at the Laundromat, and decided to see how much time was left on the front loading commercial washer(7 minutes), when I heard a thud on every revolution, and the clear glass window revealed, that at some point in the previous 23 minutes, my wandering flashlight had its button pushed.

This is just one of the 3.47$ Amazon Sipik clones with a Hausbell engraving. It was my favorite as the beam focused narrower than the other clones I bought and later gifted.

It had a Nitecore NL147 14500 battery inside it at the time.

An Employee was walking by and I asked him if I could restart the machine at the same point if I pressed the emergency stop button . I told him of the flashlight inside, which he saw for himself easily enough, but that it had a lithium battery, and that might be dangerous. He told me to wait, and he went into the back office and the machine shut down during the final rinse stage.

He came out and I opened the door and followed the light until I found the source. It was cool to the touch. I unscrewed the battery compartment slowly, and it was dry inside.

He returned power to the machine and it restarted where it left off.

I saw some slight fogging under the projector lens so I now have that unscrewed and am just Airing it out.

I Wonder, how long before it corrodes and fails?
I am surprised it survived full immersion and a lot of turbulent shocking to the sides of the washer for 20 minutes.

Wonder also, if I should retire the battery.