any tn4a users ?

michaell

Newly Enlightened
i herd the tn4a is kind of yellower in cool white i like the color of neutral white but how warm is the neutral ? i cant seem to find a video on the neutral version.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own both CW and NW versions. The CW version is indeed on the warm side for a CW XP-L emitter. First XP-L light I have seen as much on the warm side of the scale so far. Early batches of the CW TN4A are known to have a corona around the hot spot that tint shifts from yellow to green I know mine does. Its pretty strange I have yet to read an actual proven explanation for this as its kind of annoying and to some folks just plain weird. I believe it has to do to with how high or low the emitter is placed at the base of an OP reflector. I have read and spoken to owners of the new batch CW (serial number is printed beneath TN4A, light has lanyard attachment point) and so far this tint shifting corona issue seems to have been addressed by Thrunite as the new batch CW corona so far have proven stable in tint which is good to hear.

The NW version is my personal favorite because man when they say NW they mean it! My NW TN4A puts out a high quality neutral tint that reflects back very true and accurate color detail its actually pretty striking. Technically the NW is 7-10% less output but to my eyes there is nearly no difference in brightness at all between the two. Both are phenomenal lights esp now that TN seems to have tuned out the early issues.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
i herd the tn4a is kind of yellower in cool white i like the color of neutral white but how warm is the neutral ? i cant seem to find a video on the neutral version.

I have the TN4A in CW. I love it...and I prefer NW as a personal taste too. If I had it to do over again I would go with the NW. The CW is not as creamy as I was hoping...

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't some one say that the neutral was closer to 5000K?

A picture isn't going to tell you what the tint is going to be like with white balance and all that.

In any case, surely this will get the xp-l high intensity emitter at some stage.

Last edited:

chuckhov

Enlightened
"In any case, surely this will get the xp-l high intensity emitter at some stage."

And that will be the day that I buy one, "if" they offer it in a tint somewhere around 3A... 2A/2D/3A/3D will work for me.

Thanks,
-Chuck

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
And that will be the day that I buy one, "if" they offer it in a tint somewhere around 3A... 2A/2D/3A/3D will work for me.

Thanks,
-Chuck
If it's a thrower, tint is not that important for me. I'd go for the highest output then

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
The CW IS an XP-L V5. I believe its the heavy OP reflector that makes the CW seem so warm. For all out output the 1063 lumen turbo CW is your output champ of the class