Which Klarus Lights Can Be Weapon Mounted?

mccglastron1972

Newly Enlightened
I bought an ST2c light several years ago and love it. I want to stick with 1 18650 battery for all my lights. I now need 2 more for mounting on AR 15's. Klarus website kind of sucks, and has changed since I bought my last light. I thought they were a German company, if so, apparently not anymore?

Anyway, I'm unclear on what makes a light durable enough to be able to withstand recoil. If it's just dual springs, my ST2c has that. I cannot find anywhere on their site if the whole XT series are suitable for weapons mounting, or just the XT11 (and newer similar models). I would like to go with the smaller lighter XT2c if it's designed for it, but will go larger if it's not. Don't want to make my rifle anymore front heavy than I have to. Please advise flashlight experts, and thank you to all take the time to answer!

kj2

Flashaholic
II thought they were a German company, if so, apparently not anymore?

Anyway, I'm unclear on what makes a light durable enough to be able to withstand recoil. If it's just dual springs, my ST2c has that. I cannot find anywhere on their site if the whole XT series are suitable for weapons mounting, or just the XT11 (and newer similar models). I would like to go with the smaller lighter XT2c if it's designed for it, but will go larger if it's not. Don't want to make my rifle anymore front heavy than I have to. Please advise flashlight experts, and thank you to all take the time to answer!
They never were German ;)

To handle the recoil you'll need dual springs indeed. This will keep the contact with the battery better, and therefore keeping a complete power-circuit. Klarus does offer a pressure switch for the XT2C.
So I assume, it should be capable to be weapon mounted.

But, since I live in a country were fire-weapons are highly restricted, I can't share my experience.

mccglastron1972

Newly Enlightened
They never were German ;)

To handle the recoil you'll need dual springs indeed. This will keep the contact with the battery better, and therefore keeping a complete power-circuit. Klarus does offer a pressure switch for the XT2C.
So I assume, it should be capable to be weapon mounted.

But, since I live in a country were fire-weapons are highly restricted, I can't share my experience.

Good point! Thank you for pointing out the obvious for me, not sure how I missed that, lol!

kingofwylietx

Enlightened
To handle the recoil you'll need dual springs indeed. This will keep the contact with the battery better, and therefore keeping a complete power-circuit..

Additionally, to withstand recoil, it helps if the electronics suite is potted. 1" body is useful for having a wide variety of mounts available to you.
Depending on your use, a programmable interface can be handy for quickly accessing 2 differing power levels (I hog hunt, so low level for stalking...then high for longer shots). Also, consider access to the batteries, as you may not want to remove the flashlight to change them (example, on an SBR you wouldn't want batteries that come out the tail of the flashlight if it is up against your lower).

Latest posts