Incans are ideal for Halloween

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer LEDs 99% of the time but just cannot picture Halloween and similar activities without a good incan light and I don't mean Surefire caliber incan. Maybe an old Maglite, though a $0.99 big box store special will do also. An old MiniMag is always a great choice.
On half-dead cells, it just adds a whole new dimension of fun. Like in the older movies, where their torch always runs out of juice at the most interesting moment. Bringing 2,000 lumens with you is just cheating.

The last time I used an LED at a Halloween was about 7 years ago and I had one of these Fenix lites, latest and greatest at the time, and got yelled at by the staff.

Last edited:

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
That truly is where or when a warm colored light is best IMO.
It leaves me feeling things are about to go from bad to worse.

I'm so going to get poked for that but it's true to me.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
"The last time I used an LED at a Halloween was about 7 years ago and I had one of these Fenix lites, latest and greatest at the time, and got yelled at by the staff."

I would fire the staff! lol

I love carrying & using my vintage SF indy lights. I put some Lumens Factory HO bulbs in them and enjoy them throughly. Nothing like nostalgia.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know. I've got a LF 90+ CRI LA in my Seraph 6 that is really great. In low mode it is about twenty lumens, and has a color temp of about 4000K, so it is nice and warm. I think a spectator would have a hard time telling the difference between it and a regular incan at that low light level.

SemiMan

Banned
Na, just hate screwing around with battery eaters. I have warm LEDs in a few small lights that I use for camping. I would take them any day.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Na, just hate screwing around with battery eaters. I have warm LEDs in a few small lights that I use for camping. I would take them any day.

I used to feel the same way, until I got a 9P that runs a P90 on 2x17500 batteries.

I've also really developed a liking for the old P60. It REALLY punches into the dark on a fresh set of primaries - very impressive despite it's old age.

Last edited:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you like the P60, you ought to try the HO-6 from Lumens Factory. More light and and just as good or better run time. I had one in my G2 and it was great!

Thanks, I might do that when my 5 P60s eventually burn out LOL ;)

scout24

Flashaholic
Agreed on the P60, cland72. It really does hold it's own. My personal 2x17500 holder is a G3, though. Guilt free P90 rocks! :)

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed on the P60, cland72. It really does hold it's own. My personal 2x17500 holder is a G3, though. Guilt free P90 rocks! :)
I agree about the guilt free part. It's a wonderful feeling. I hate to sound like a broken record, but LF also make an ES-9 (150 lumen/80 min), an SR-9 (220 lumens/60 min), and an HO-9 (320 lumen/40 min) that will work for both three primaries or two Li-ion cells. If you are guilt free, you might as well go whole hog.

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
If we're talking rural events, yes; once it comes to crossing the street in a suburb, no - I want at least a thousand lumens of the most abrasive tint possible, drivers should come to a stop just to try to figure out what they're seeing..

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you like the P60, you ought to try the HO-6 from Lumens Factory. More light and and just as good or better run time. I had one in my G2 and it was great!

I don't want more lite for Halloween. I want a burned out, half-lit incan that adds to the suspense of things. Ideally an old unit from Keymart, one of these metal 2D deals with a switch that's flaky, the type you have to bump if the contact is intermittent. Any LED is just plain cheating.

Though I may still bring an LED "just in case".

TEEJ

Flashaholic
LOL

I'm trying to figure out why you have a light on Halloween?

If its for you, is it to see where you're going, or, to not get run over?

If its for your kids, is it so THEY can see where they are going/don't get run over?

If so, why does a dimmer light work better? Would no light be best then?

Is it for nostalgic reasons, as you remember having crappy lighting when you first went trick or treating?

lunas

Enlightened
I would use my Shorty D Cell maglight it has the XML2 U4 in neutral white i would leave it on medium setting maybe low. The grips on it are a tennis racket replacement grip i cut up to fit on another light I blacked out the dead space around the reflector and added the 42mm gitd o-ring.

2mnpuuo.png

vicxfq.png

Last edited:

Outlander

Newly Enlightened
LOL

I'm trying to figure out why you have a light on Halloween?

If its for you, is it to see where you're going, or, to not get run over?

If its for your kids, is it so THEY can see where they are going/don't get run over?

If so, why does a dimmer light work better? Would no light be best then?

Is it for nostalgic reasons, as you remember having crappy lighting when you first went trick or treating?

i dont know either.....he mentions getting yelled at by 'staff' so maybe he works at a Halloween store??

:shrug:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I would use my Shorty D Cell maglight it has the XML2 U4 in neutral white i would leave it on medium setting maybe low. The grips on it are a tennis racket replacement grip i cut up to fit on another light I blacked out the dead space around the reflector and added the 42mm gitd o-ring.

2mnpuuo.png

vicxfq.png
WOW!!!
Tell us more please!
:popcorn: