EagleTac S200C2 NW vs. T25C2 XP-L HI (beamshots)

markr6

Flashaholic
I really like my S200C2, but when I saw this XP-L HI in a much sleeker body, I had to try it! Here are some shots below.

It's nearly impossible to tell the difference in person and I think the photos show this well. With the much smaller head, shorter body and 1.30oz lighter, the T25C2 is a home run! Way to go EagleTac!!

I really don't need to keep the S200C2, but I will. It's just too good to sell. The tint is better on the S200C2. The T25C2 is a bit greenish/yellow in comparison, but not a deal breaker for what you get.

IMG_2130.jpg

IMG_2132.jpg

S200C2 @ 230'
S200C2_230ft.jpg

T25C2 @ 230'
T25C2_230ft.jpg

S200C2 @ 70'
S200C2_70ft.jpg

T25C2 @ 70'
T25C2_70ft.jpg

S200C2 @ 50'
S200C2_50ft.jpg

T25C2 @ 50'
T25C2_50ft.jpg

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, if one takes into account that the max beam distance varies with the square root of the cd, and on top of that, perceived difference in intensity varies logarithmically, the difference is not readily noticeable.

More throw performance in smaller packages, that to me is what the XPL-HI means.

Amelia

Enlightened
Is shed tan or white?

☺

Can't you see? It's both! :)
Depends on which flashlight you use.

Mark - sorry to hear your T25C2 has green in the tint. Mine has no trace of green - just the slightest hint of yellowish orange. Unlike yourself, I'm probably selling my S200C2... my T25C2 has such a nice tint and is so much more pocketable, I just can't justify keeping the S200. I'll keep my S200C2vn though... that one's a barn blazer! :D

Last edited:

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fantastic thread and pics, markr6! Thanks for taking the time to take beamshot and size comparisons for everyone. I am glad to hear you are happy with the new T25C2. I have used mine for work the last couple of nights and I am very happy with it. The size feels great in the hand and it is lightweight, too.

markr6

Flashaholic
Is shed tan or white?

☺

I believe it's Sherwin Williams "Unique Gray" :)

I don't mind the greenish tint much because I can't notice it outdoors. The shed photo probably looks just like that in person; nice and coolish-gray. When you take the light indoors, my khaki color walls and wood cabinets really show up dingy and greenish. But as usual, it's only bad when compared to others. And this is definitely not an indoor light!

Regarding the S200C2, I don't know what I'll do! $75 new, so may not be worth selling for, what, $50? I think it's a keeper.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe it's Sherwin Williams "Unique Gray" :)

I don't mind the greenish tint much because I can't notice it outdoors. The shed photo probably looks just like that in person; nice and coolish-gray. When you take the light indoors, my khaki color walls and wood cabinets really show up dingy and greenish. But as usual, it's only bad when compared to others. And this is definitely not an indoor light!
Sir MarkR6, I was only teasing.

I'm not picky about tints too much, these look great.
Amelia busted me up on that ☺

Yes, usually tints disappear in use and that's easily forgotten when using the light as intended. +1

markr6

Flashaholic
Sir MarkR6, I was only teasing.

I'm not picky about tints too much, these look great.
Amelia busted me up on that ☺

Yes, usually tints disappear in use and that's easily forgotten when using the light as intended. +1

HAHA no problem. Just wanted to make sure people didn't think it was white.

markr6

Flashaholic
There you go again, committing the tint comparison crime! :poke:

Big time! I even broke out the SC600w, Convoy M1 XP-L V6 3D, and MX25L3C Nichia 219 for a quick comparison this morning. Madness!!

markr6

Flashaholic
Thanks! I'm not great at beamshots but these seemed to work OK in my yard. There was a treeline about 400ft away (120m), but the light struggled to light it up well enough to get a good shot without having both the camera AND light on a tripod.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my XP-L HI module today! First impression-DAMN its like a mini mini pocket Javelot. Same tint as my Javelots. Compared to my XP-L V5 T25C2 they are totally different. XP-L HI is serious pocket throw. Intense hot spot well defined NW beam. No artifacts in the beam. Tint is NW and even with nothing harsh and out of place jumping out tint wise. Same 4 mode head twist UI with blinky modes etc. This is the most pocket friendly 33000 candela 1000 lumen I now have. Total beam width as more narrow vs the V5 but not by much. This thing can throw! It is bright in a NW Javelot way! Money well spent!

Amelia

Enlightened
Got my XP-L HI module today! First impression-DAMN its like a mini mini pocket Javelot. Same tint as my Javelots. Compared to my XP-L V5 T25C2 they are totally different. XP-L HI is serious pocket throw. Intense hot spot well defined NW beam. No artifacts in the beam. Tint is NW and even with nothing harsh and out of place jumping out tint wise. Same 4 mode head twist UI with blinky modes etc. This is the most pocket friendly 33000 candela 1000 lumen I now have. Total beam width as more narrow vs the V5 but not by much. This thing can throw! It is bright in a NW Javelot way! Money well spent!

I told you it would be! :)

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

Your Olight Javelots have very similar tint to your new XP-L HI T25C2?

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, is the HI green like the dedomed Javelot emitters or is the HI NW as noted elsewhere in your post. Thanks.

Amelia

Enlightened
Yeah, is the HI green like the dedomed Javelot emitters or is the HI NW as noted elsewhere in your post. Thanks.

Mark reported some green in his HI, but mine is slightly yellow-orange with no green at all. It's probably another lottery... like almost every other emitter.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes they do! Same de domed XP-L HI emitter in them all. Technically all are cool white but lean heavily towards the neutral spectrum. Now almost 10pm here and am even more impressed by this module. Im seeing more than 33000 candela with my eyes. This particular T25C2 is now the only light I have like it. It will see a LOT of use. Closest light I have in size to it, besides my other T25C2 XP-L V5, is my SRT6. The ET module has higher output and double the throw granted the beam profile has a more narrow diameter but is still a big step up from the NW XM-L2 T6 that was in it before.