Thrunite TN4A Chinese Fakes on Ebay Aust or are they genuine?

muso

Newly Enlightened
I'm very impressed by the Thrunite TN4A and want to get one for my Son. I have seen some on Ebay Australia but are all from Hong Kong and have noticed quite a variation in price. Could the cheaper ones be fakes? Is there a way of telling? I have also read that neutral white is the best version to get. They seem like a very good torch for a AA powered unit.

LeafSamurai

Enlightened
If they are from hkequipmentnet or hkequipmentnet, then they are genuine ones. I have bought most of my lights from EBay and they have turned out to be fine. The reason why there are a variation in price is because of the different currency that you can buy them in. One currency's exchange rate to Australian dollars might differ from another currency's exchange rate to Australian dollars.

Get the neutral white version of the TN4A if the tint of a light matters to you. If you want a light that seems brighter in the dark, then get the cool white version. I have the neutral white TN4A and it is one of my favourite AA lights.

muso

Newly Enlightened
Thanks LeafSamurai ;) I'll ask the seller if they are from hkequipmentnet.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thrunites are of course Chinese and all made in China. I believe the above poster is correct about the price differences you are seeing are differences in exchange rates of different currencies. I own both the CW and NW TN4A. I greatly prefer the NW. The NW is technically 7-10% less output than CW but to my eyes they are both just as searingly bright as each other the NW just reflects back superior color rendition and penetrates fog and haze even smoke better than the CW. To my eyes the NW version has a slightly more refined beam profile the hot spot looks more well defined, the corona is a perfectly balanced diffuse from hot spot to the TN4A's massive and bright spill...cannot go wrong with either though

muso

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Celtic :) They seem like a pretty good torch for a AA job. Is the Olight SR52 equivalent to cool white or Neutral white? Because that looks superb. The price variation has been as much as about $30.00 on Ebay for the TN4A

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
ah the great SR52! Had mine since they came out. One of the greatest LED light purchases I have ever made. The tint is CW but without any harsh purples or blues of older cheaper XM-L2 U2 emitters. For a 3x18650 class light it is one of the best there is. Build quality is way above average. Throw has been independently tested here on the forum to be over 100,000 candela which for a large general purpose light is best in class I believe. SR52 can easily be mistaken for a dedicated thrower but the spill portion of the massive diameter beam is evenly bright out to its well defined edge there is no tunnel vision after effect resulting from the superior throw of the light. Also have both M2X and M3X Javelots. Now those will give you tunnel vision the throw beams are like giant light sabers they are so intensely focused ones eyes follow the hot spot and can miss the actually wide and usable spill of the lights.

muso

Newly Enlightened
Ask? Just check the username :p

Good point lol :) I've just ordered a white diffuser for the SR52 for when I want a flood. Found the seller thanks kj2, I didn't realise that was an actual seller's name, I thought they were suppliers to Ebay Sellers in HK :)

Last edited: