Dead SC62w?

thburns

Newly Enlightened
The switch on the SC62w I just received several days ago seems to have died a sudden death. I was using the light on H1 when it shut off abruptly and it will not come back on.
The battery I was using in the light was a brand new ZL634 (ZebraLight's 18650/3400mAh battery). I've also tried another full ZL634 battery and the light still will not come on. It also does not respond to the four-click interface to check the battery.
I've filed a request with ZebraLight that I'm waiting to hear back on, wanted to know if anyone here has experienced anything similar or knows if maybe I locked it out somehow.

Thanks!

Swamplite

Newly Enlightened
The SC62 does not have a lock out feature other than loosening the tail cap.Are you able to check the battery voltage with a volt meter and did you actually charge the batteries before use?I'm sure these will be the first questions tech support will ask.I had the same thing happen to another light and with the O ring resistance I just thought the tail cap was tight and it was not.A little extra twist got everything working again.I hope your problem is that easy to solve.Good luck.

thburns

Newly Enlightened
The SC62 does not have a lock out feature other than loosening the tail cap.Are you able to check the battery voltage with a volt meter and did you actually charge the batteries before use?I'm sure these will be the first questions tech support will ask.I had the same thing happen to another light and with the O ring resistance I just thought the tail cap was tight and it was not.A little extra twist got everything working again.I hope your problem is that easy to solve.Good luck.

Yep! Both batteries are at 4.10V according to my DMM, Opus BT-C3400, and Nitecore D2 charger. Tried giving it an extra bit of tightness just now to no avail :(

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like your out of luck to me. I would just send it back.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good news is they should be able to get you a new one pretty quickly. Usually I've found that if a flashlight switch goes bad it's within the first few days. My only light that has failed happened in the first few days of use, it was a mechanical clicky light but it didn't last long at all. Hope the replacement switch comes soon and works great for you!

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Assume you purchased directly from ZL and your package came from (will be RMA'd to) their TX facility. Please report back on how long it takes for an exchange/repair.