Surefire M3LT vs. P3X Fury

Hertao

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I've got a few Surefire lights, the "brightest" of which is the 500 lumen EB2 Backup. I'm considering getting another, and am wondering if any of you can tell me a bit more about the difference between the M3LT and the P3X in terms of the beam/brightness. They're both advertised at 1,000 lumens, but I'm wondering how much difference the TIR lens on the M3LT makes, particularly in terms of throw. I'm not really sure how either of them compare to the EB2 Backup...how much difference I will notice with double the lumens. I'm also unsure what difference the bigger head on the M3LT might make. Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hertao

Newly Enlightened
Thank you Tonkem! That's very useful. It appears that the EB2 Backup images in that slide series might be the old 200 lumen one. Do you have any idea about that?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire have changed their optic design on the M3LT. The first M3LT is all throw and no spill. They redesigned the optic and it compromised the throw a little for more side spill. Not sure about the most current optic that they are using but if you are comparing the beam shots in Flashlight Guide, it was shot during the time when the M3LT was with the first generation optic, more throw and no side spill.

Hertao

Newly Enlightened
Ok...then the pictures are probably even less relevant, since I think the EB2 was the old one, and the M3LT had the old optic AND probably wasn't the 1,000 lumen version.

Does anyone know how the new M3LT and EB2 compares to the P3X Fury?

Hertao

Newly Enlightened
Ok, thank you.

Does anyone know how the new M3LT optic compares to the P3X Fury? Does it appear to have a more focused/brighter beam?