New lithiums okay in Arc AAA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
wow! that is VERY interesting ... I want a ton or two ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif
bernhard

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Photon,
I run a lithium AA cell in my Arc AA with no problems. From what I understand, the Arc AAA and AA use the same curcuit so it should be fine. Lithiums in an AAA would be great, I will be doing that when they arrive.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
ooohhh!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif what about in the micro illuminator???? that would be awesome!

Kirk

Enlightened
Rats! I guess we have to wait a while for these to show up in stores. Here's the last sentence in the second-to-last paragraph of the article... "The new AAA battery will be available later in 2004 just in time for the holidays when picture taking is at its highest and shoppers are selecting high-tech gadgets."
Kirk

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

After we get finished buying them there won't be any left for the rest of the world to use!

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was a matter of time; with the AAA appearing in all those MP3 players...

I would like to resell the lithium AAAs on our website when the time comes. This should especially help for cold weather use.

I doubt the bang/buck ratio for general use though so alkaline will still be your best bet for most type of use.

Peter

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I prefer bang and forget about the buck untill later ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is about bloomin time! Peter, you are going to need a large stock of these.

Oh, the BD Moonlight was designed with these Lithium AAAs in mind.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Charles Bradshaw said:
It is about bloomin time! Peter, you are going to need a large stock of these.

Oh, the BD Moonlight was designed with these Lithium AAAs in mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

aaahhh yes! i just recently got a BD Moonlight. lithium aaa's would be very nice for it!!!

Mattman

Enlightened
It won't be much brighter, but it will be a little brighter. I tried it with my AA and it's not that big of a difference, so don't expect miracles! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SockMan

Newly Enlightened
Does a flatter discharge curve really matter when the light is regulated anyway? I dig lithiums mostly for cold resistance.

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
With a boost circuit like that in the Arc, the difference between alkalines and lithiums (1.7 - 1.5 volts) would tend to be increased by the boost circuit, implying a boost in brightness too.... brighter is nicer... But what do I know?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc AAA is only partially regulated so the lithium SHOULD yield a slightly brighter, more constant beam. Also, lithium is noticeably lighter.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.