Light for SAM Launcher?

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
any rugged light with also a LOW MODE

... else the A6/A7/A10 don't even need their electronics to send You their "present"

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Q:
[h=2]Re: Light for SAM Launcher?[/h]
A: Op is not serious, you wouldn't use visible light for that.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lasers are cool, but there are countermeasures. We've got frickin' death-beams! Love the 21st century!

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
It'll have to be one Hellova mirror!!! At 5kw, they need to be all metal, liquid cooled and designed for the wavelength, and TOTALLY clean! Even a dust speck will cause failure and it will fry.

Yeah, but when I bounce the beam back at you, you'd better turn off your laser or run!

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
WHAT countermeasures have YOU access to??? I have yet to see anything a COIL can't burn thru eventually.

Sandstorm, fog, heavy rain, etc? Ruins the focus over a very short distance. My countermeasure is Nature! :)

...sounds like something an elf would say. :)

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeahhhhh..... Lasers do not work that way.

Lasers don't reflect off mirrors? Isn't that exactly how the laser is amplified and collimated inside the device? I should be able to reflect a laser off a mirror and bounce it back a you; it works that way with a cheap laser at home.

Anyway, it was meant partially in jest.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lasers don't reflect off mirrors? Isn't that exactly how the laser is amplified and collimated inside the device? I should be able to reflect a laser off a mirror and bounce it back a you; it works that way with a cheap laser at home.

Anyway, it was meant partially in jest.

The interesting thing about mirrors is that none can reflect 100% of light. Even the slightest smudge can dramatically ruin reflectivity, afaik.

Good tint necessary?
Nah, good tent. If you're crewing a forward SAM site, you probably have a tent. :)