CMG task light

bteel

Newly Enlightened
cmg.jpg

Hello all. I am new to high tech lights and this is my first post. I am thinking of getting one of these. Has anyone used them? What color do you reccomend for general use? Are these better than the photons? TIA,

------------------
Brian

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The TaskLight is an all metal body and VERY
tough . The light output is just right for
work at arms length and mine keeps going
and going on one AA cell . That said , I must
say it is TOO BIG for a key chain OR pocket .
Put a 12 guage shotshell in your pocket for
the day and see how it feels. I still like
mine but if convience is in mind.....
Mine rides clipped to a belt loop .

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one about a month ago, in green. It is quite bright, and very solid. I dunked mine in the sink for an hour, and took a shower with it twice. No leaks. Paint seems like it will eventually come off, so I will probably steel wool it to bare aluminum at some point. It's too large for a keychain light, but has a nice feel to it when pointed like a normal flahlight. Probably the advantages over the photon are waterproofness, toughness (I'm tempted to run over it with my car, or whip it against a brick wall), and the ability to use AA batteries, which is nice if you're using other electronic equipment and want to keep all the batteries interchangeable. Try some silicone grease on the threads to keep them from wearing. I do this with my Primus stove which has an aluminum to aluminum thread on the pump. It greatly reduces wear.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Well, I now need to purchase a CMG Infinity Task Light, so that I can get the MOD that was made to put my ARC-AAA head onto the frame.

What's a reliable place to purchase the Infinity from on-line? I don't want some old stock that lying around. I'd prefer the latest version/release available.

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by this_is_nascar:

What's a reliable place to purchase the Infinity from on-line? I don't want some old stock that lying around. I'd prefer the latest version/release available.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CMG at TTS
Look no further. Some of the best prices, and the service that William provides cannot be beat. Tell him Darell sent you!
smile.gif

StuU

Enlightened
Try polishing the reflector and using a lithium battery. Light output will improve rather markedly. I tried this with 2 Infinity lights - one left standard for comparison. Big improvement.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
The blue green infinity is the best light on the market for preserving your night vision while still putting out enough light to see something (barely).
Why you ask?
Well to make a long story short: to preserve night vision the less light (mcd) the better. But because your eyes "perceive" green light to be brighter than it actually is you can see more without causing your eyes to dilate. So the infinity is the brightest dimmest light you can buy. Does that make sense?

I might have the latest Blue-Green infinity for sale. $12 free shipping in US. I bought it from TTS a couple of weeks ago but didn't really care for it. It has a small bullseye beam. I'd rather use an arc and destroy my night vision a little.

I'll know tonight hopefully. Man its a pain selling stuff here. lots of inquiry emails but no takers.

Gandalf

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by StuU:
Try polishing the reflector and using a lithium battery. Light output will improve rather markedly. I tried this with 2 Infinity lights - one left standard for comparison. Big improvement.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was too lazy to try to polish the 'reflector', without messing up the LED itself, so I just painted it white with glossy enamel. It does help. So does a lithium battery.

I have a white, green, and turquoise CMG Infinity. The white is nice for reading, and close up work, but it's fairly dim. If your eyes a fully dark adjusted, you can see farther than you might imagine, but if something gets lit up brightly, you lose your night vision. The green is brighter, but the color distortion really bugged me. I found the turquoise one to both give more light than the green or white one, and the color distortion isn't as bad. So if I had to pick just one, it would be the turquoise. And then a white Arc-AAA for when you need more white light in a small package. Doesn't have the long run time the CMG Infinity, but is very small, and weighs very little. About 5 hr run time on an alkaline battery, and probably 2.5 to 3 times the light of a white CMG Infinity. Excellent as a backup, or whatever. Mine is with me 24/7.
cool.gif
wink.gif

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have:

Photon II Red
Photon II Turquoise
ARC AAA Turquoise
Infinity Yellow
Infinity Blue-Green

I've been using these all for close to a year.

I love the Infinity Blue-Green the best.
The others are fine lights, I just find myself liking the feel, ease of use, battery efficiency, etc. of the Infinity Blue-Green the best.

It really is the brightest/dimmest (longest battery life & preserving night vision) LED light you can get. Not everyone likes the Infinity as most want the maximum brightness they can get. But it has a loyal following.

KenBar

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:

CMG at TTS
Look no further. Some of the best prices, and the service that William provides cannot be beat. Tell him Darell sent you!
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto.....
I just placed another order with them ( TTS ) late last night thanks to ikendu..
smile.gif

What an orderly place to do business with. The webb site works flawlessly.. I don't wonder if my order went through etc. lots of nice auto email confirmation if you like that sort of thing. Peter recommended this site and I bought my Arc LE from him recently.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lithium 1.5 V AA will increase brightness. A lithium 3.6 V battery will roughly double brightness.

PhilAlex

Enlightened
I originally bought my ARC AAA to use old AAA batteries from a pager, travel alarm or whatever.

So... I'm at a tradeshow, with my ARC and a new duracell... 5 minutes total run time.

Some doofus is giving away a cheezy penlight with an incandescent bulb. It's got a goofy IMAC case, and I see a (cheap) AAA in it.

I get the free light. I smash it within 4 mintues to salvage the free battery.

You can guess. Made in China, Heavy Duty battery.

It's STILL in my ARC. My arc doesn't go thru enough of these old ones, Peter!

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW...

I'm starting to save AA batteries that I used to throw away. Just the other day an alarm clock stopped working and I took out the single AA battery.

It still powers up my Blue-Green Infinity just fine!

Now that's recycling! I may never have to actually buy another AA for my Infinity ever again!